Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including native ants helping to improve cocoa yields in Indonesia, unseasonal rains affecting crops in India and local mangoes in the Philippines declared free from mango seed weevil.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Pest ants help to improve Indonesian cocoa yields
International Association for the Plant Protection Sciences, 27th January 2015
- Africa: Despite Contamination Concerns, Food Safety Push Must Embrace ‘Wet Markets’ as Key to Food Security
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 27th January 2015
- India: Untimely rains to hit onion production
Fresh Plaza, 26th January 2015
- Uganda: New project to reduce postharvest losses
Fresh Plaza, 20th January 2015
- Rwanda: FAO Expert Roots for Small Farmers, Agro””dealers
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 20th January 2015
- Listeria outbreak prompts apple recall
Americafruit, 20th January 2015
- Global wheat yields threatened by warming with serious consequences
Environmental News Network, 19th January 2015
- Kenya: Potato Farming Loses Sh19 Billion to Bad Practices
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 19th January 2015
- Philippines: Local mangoes declared pest-free
Fresh Plaza, 19th January 2015
- New hope for fighting major fungal disease in durum wheat
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 18th January 2015
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Anthracnose is a catch-all, general term. It describes the damage caused to plants by a group of fungal diseases. Anthra…
13 June 2022