Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including surveillance robots that can detect weeds and pest insects, a focus on gender capacity development in Ethiopia and smallholder farmers in Africa adopting practices to improve their field soil health.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Sky-high robots detecting weeds
Rural, 27th August 2014
- Ghana: Ashesi students launch project to reinvent pineapple farming in E/R
Fresh Plaza, 25th August 2014
- Ethiopia: Solving Gender Issue – Solving Food Security
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 23rd August 2014
- Africa: Better Soil Protection Boosts Crop Yields in Africa – Report
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 22nd August 2014
- New maize disease worries Burera farmers
In2EastAfrica, 21st August 2014
- Growers face further EU restrictions on pesticides
Farmers Weekly, 16th August 2014
- Southern Africa: Food Security Improving in SADC
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 15th August 2014
- Genetically engineered fruit flies could save crops
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 12th August 2014
- Food of the future: what will feed 7 billion people?
The Guardian, 12th August 2014
- Argentina: Huanglongbing: Si algo no tiene cura, la única salida es la prevención… pero algo no se hizo bien
Chajarí al Día, 11th August 2014
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.