Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the discovery of a microbe that could help control rice blast, concern over the effects of erratic rainfall on crops in Somalia and the discovery of a gene encoding resistance to stem and fruit rot of pepper.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Blunting rice disease
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 2nd June 2014
- Somalia: Late, erratic rainfall raises concerns about harvest prospects and food security
FAO News – Agriculture & crops, 2nd June 2014
- Costa Rican banana industry unites to block Panama disease
Fresh Fruit Portal, 30th May 2014
- 3,000 rice genome sequences made publicly available on World Hunger Day
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 28th May 2014
- Bringing science, business, visionaries and politics together for sustainable food systems
Bioversity International, 28th May 2014
- Scientists Identify Disease Resistance Gene in Pepper
Crop Biotech Update, 28th May 2014
- Resilience critical to end hunger and undernutrition by 2025
IFPRI info, 23rd May 2014
- Honduras: Citrus crops increase despite disease affecting plantations
Fresh Plaza, 22nd May 2014
- Africa: Progress Reported in Global Food and Nutrition Security, but Significant Challenges Lie Ahead
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 20th May 2014
- Stakeholders recommend solution to challenges in Ghana’s citrus industry
Modern Ghana, 20th May 2014
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.