We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include new host records for the fruit fly Ceratitis capitata in the state of Pará, Brazil, the presence of Meloidogyne enterolobii on Jalapeño pepper in Sinaloa, Mexico and the first report of the invasive mealybug Phenacoccus parvus infesting Naga King chili in India.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Rice bacterial foot rot disease caused by Dickeya zeae in Taiwan.
Lin ChingYi; Huang ChiaoWen; Yang HongRen; Tsai ChiaHsin; Hsu SuiLi; Ni HuiFang (2016) Journal of Taiwan Agricultural Research 65 (2) 207-217.
- Co-infection of a hypovirulent isolate of Sclerotinia sclerotiorum with a new botybirnavirus and a strain of a mitovirus.
Ran HongChang; Liu LiJiang; Li Bo; Cheng JiaSen; Fu YanPing; Jiang DaoHong; Xie JiaTao (2016) Virology Journal 13 (92) (6 June 2016).
- New data on the occurrence of Phalaenopsis mite (Tenuipalpus pacificus Baker, 1945) in Hungary.
Kontschán, J.; Salamon, P. (2016) Növényvédelem 52 (5) 213-217.
- First official record of naturalised populations of Solidago altissima L. var. pluricephala M.C. Johnst. (Asteraceae: Astereae) in Africa.
Cheek, M. D.; Semple, J. C. (2016) South African Journal of Botany 105 333-336.
- First report of Fusarium boothii from pecan (Carya illinoinensis) and camel thorn (Vachellia erioloba) trees in South Africa.
Gryzenhout, M.; Khooa, B.; Landman, L. (2016) South African Journal of Botany 105 158-162.
- First report of the invasive mealybug, Phenacoccus parvus Morrison infesting Naga King chili and its colonization potential on major host plants in India.
Firake, D. M.; Behere, G. T.; Sharma, B.; Fand, B. B. (2016) Phytoparasitica 44 (2) 187-194.
- Presence of Meloidogyne enterolobii on Jalapeño pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) in Sinaloa, Mexico.
Villar-Luna, E.; Goméz-Rodriguez, O.; Rojas-Martínez, R. I.; Zavaleta-Mejía, E. (2016) Helminthologia 53 (2) 155-160.
- New host records for Ceratitis capitata (Diptera: Tephritidae) in the state of Pará, Brazil.
Araujo, M. R. de; Lemos, W. de P.; Silva, L. C. da; França, L. P. N.; Adaime, R. (2016) Florida Entomologist 99 (2) 327-328.
- Thrips species (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) in Brazilian papaya (Brassicales: Caricaceae) orchards as potential virus vectors.
Zanuncio Junior, J. S.; Martins, D. dos S.; Fornazier, M. J.; Ventura, J. A.; Queiroz, R. B.; Pinent, S. M. J.; Zanuncio, J. C. (2016) Florida Entomologist 99 (2) 314-317.
- First record of the genus Tinocallis Matsumura (Hemiptera: Aphididae) on Lagerstromia speciosa in Laos.
Lee YeRim; Lee SeungHwan (2016) Korean Journal of Applied Entomology 55 (2) 171-175.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pests do not recognise borders. With the increased movement of people and goods, comes the increased risk of pests moving from one geographic area to another. For this reason, it is important to identify and categorize species that are likely to enter…
21 October 2021