We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a new bamboo-feeding leafhopper genus from China, with description of one new species, the first report of Brachyplatys vahlii, an introduced bug from Asia, in the Western Hemisphere and new Bruchidius species reared from Vachellia seeds from Eastern and Southern Africa.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- New species of unicellular obligate parasite, Olpidiopsis pyropiae sp. nov., that plagues Pyropia sea farms in Korea.
Klochkova, T. A.; Shin YoonJu; Moon KyoungHyoun; Motomura, T.; Kim GwangHoon (2016) Journal of Applied Phycology 28 (1) 73-83.
- Review of the genus Aphanostola Meyrick, 1931 (Lepidoptera, Gelechiidae, anomologinae) with description of 19 new species from the Afrotropical Region.
Bidzilya, O. V.; Mey, W.; Agassiz, D. (2016) Deutsche Entomologische Zeitschrift 63 (1) 45-74.
- Descriptions of three new species and new records of Cerambycidae (Coleoptera) from America.
Galileo, M. H. M.; Bezark, L. G.; Santos-Silva, A. (2016) Deutsche Entomologische Zeitschrift 63 (1) 9-16.
- Bambusimukaria, a new bamboo-feeding leafhopper genus from China, with description of one new species (Hemiptera, Cicadellidae, Deltocephalinae, Mukariini).
Yang Lin; Chen XiangSheng; Li ZiZhong (2016) ZooKeys (563) 21-32.
- Definition of Tenuipalpus sensu stricto (Acari, Tenuipalpidae), with redescription of Tenuipalpus caudatus(Dugès) and description of a new species from Costa Rica.
Castro, E. B.; Kane, E. C.; Feres, R. J. F.; Ochoa, R.; Bauchan, G. R. (2016) International Journal of Acarology 42 (2) 106-126.
- Brachyplatys vahlii (Fabricius, 1787), an introduced bug from Asia: first report in the Western Hemisphere (Hemiptera: Plataspidae: Brachyplatidinae).
Aiello, A.; Saltonstall, K.; Young, V. (2016) BioInvasions Records 5 (1) 7-12.
- New Bruchidius species reared from Vachellia (Fabaceae: Mimosoideae: Acacieae) seeds from Eastern and Southern Africa (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae: Bruchinae).
Delobel, A.; Ru, B. le (2015) Acta Entomologica Musei Nationalis Pragae 55 (1) 261-272.
- Contributions to the study of the Ethiopian Lepidoptera. I. The genus Melittia Hübner, 1819 [“1816”] (Lepidoptera: Sesiidae) with description of a new species.
Gorbunov, O. G. (2015) Zootaxa 4033 (4) 543-554.
- Revision of the subgenus Tinotus Sharp, stat. n., of the parasitoid rove-beetle genus Aleochara Gravenhorst (Coleoptera, Staphylinidae, Aleocharinae) from Japan, Taiwan, and the Russian Far East.
Yamamoto, S.; Maruyama, M. (2016) ZooKeys (559) 81-106.
- A review of clearwing moths in the tribe Synanthedonini, with descriptions of six new species from Taiwan (Lepidoptera: Sesiidae).
Liang JiaYuan; Hsu YuFeng (2015) Zootaxa 4044 (4) 535-555.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Update: New Pest & Disease Records (07 June 2023)
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Dothiorella gregaria associated with fruit rot of walnuts in India (Image by Helga Kattinger from Pixabay) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records f…
8 June 2023
Leave a Reply