We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a new record of insect pests on seedlings of Eucalyptus, the occurrence of Alternaria species on cabbage in Iran, and the dispersal, yield losses and varietal resistance of Sugarcane streak mosaic virus in Indonesia.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of leaf blight of Dictyosperma album caused by Pestalotiopsis adusta in China.
Zhu, H.; Niu, X. Q.; Yu, F. Y.; Liu, L.; Yan, W.; Qin, W. Q. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (7): 1040.
- The occurrence of Alternaria species on cabbage in Iran.
Rahimloo, T.; Ghosta, Y. (2015) Žemdirbystė (Agriculture) 102 (3): 343-350.
- Indopiptadenia oudhensis (endangered plant): a new host of foliar pathogen Alternaria alternata from Uttar Pradesh, India.
Kumar, S.; Singh, R.; Maurya, V. K. (2015) Journal of Plant Pathology and Microbiology 6 Special Issue 3: S3-004.
- Dispersal, yield losses and varietal resistance of Sugarcane streak mosaic virus (SCSMV) in Indonesia.
Putra, L. K.; Astono, T. H.; Syamsidi, S. R. Ch.; Djauhari, S. (2015) International Journal of Virology 11 (1): 32-40.
- Occurrence and genetic diversity of new populations of Halyomorpha halys in Europe.
Gariepy, T. D.; Bruin, A.; Haye, T.; Milonas, P.; Vétek, G. (2015) Journal of Pest Science 88 (3): 451-460.
- In vitro mycelia sensitivity of Drechslera siccans, isolated from wheat, to fungicides.
Tonin, R. B.; Reis, E. M.; Gómez, D. E. (2015) RIA, Revista de Investigaciones Agropecuarias 41 (2): 192-200.
- Community analysis of plant parasitic nematodes associated with various crops in Kumaon region of Uttarakhand, India, along with a description of Criconema (Nothocriconema) minutellum sp. n.
Rathour, K. S.; Sudershan Ganguly (2015) International Journal of Nematology 25 (1): 96-105.
- White blister rusts and downy mildews from Bajaur Agency FATA, with some new records from Pakistan.
Haq, M. A.; Saleem Shahzad; Syeda Qamarunnisa (2015) Pakistan Journal of Botany 47 (4): 1569-1574.
- Two new rust fungi of Thekopsora on Cornus (Cornaceae) from western China.
Yang Ting; Tian ChengMing; Lu HaiYun; Liang YingMei; Kakishima, M. (2015) Mycoscience 56 (5): 461-469.
- New record of insect pests on seedlings of Eucalyptus.
Roychoudhury, N.; Subhash Chandra; Singh, R. B.; Barve, S. K.; Das, A. K. (2015) Indian Journal of Forestry 38 (2) 117-124.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Tobacco mosaic virus infecting papaya in China (photograph by Sadhana@1986). We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstract…
10 November 2022