We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a new record of insect pests on seedlings of Eucalyptus, the occurrence of Alternaria species on cabbage in Iran, and the dispersal, yield losses and varietal resistance of Sugarcane streak mosaic virus in Indonesia.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of leaf blight of Dictyosperma album caused by Pestalotiopsis adusta in China.
Zhu, H.; Niu, X. Q.; Yu, F. Y.; Liu, L.; Yan, W.; Qin, W. Q. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (7): 1040.
- The occurrence of Alternaria species on cabbage in Iran.
Rahimloo, T.; Ghosta, Y. (2015) Žemdirbystė (Agriculture) 102 (3): 343-350.
- Indopiptadenia oudhensis (endangered plant): a new host of foliar pathogen Alternaria alternata from Uttar Pradesh, India.
Kumar, S.; Singh, R.; Maurya, V. K. (2015) Journal of Plant Pathology and Microbiology 6 Special Issue 3: S3-004.
- Dispersal, yield losses and varietal resistance of Sugarcane streak mosaic virus (SCSMV) in Indonesia.
Putra, L. K.; Astono, T. H.; Syamsidi, S. R. Ch.; Djauhari, S. (2015) International Journal of Virology 11 (1): 32-40.
- Occurrence and genetic diversity of new populations of Halyomorpha halys in Europe.
Gariepy, T. D.; Bruin, A.; Haye, T.; Milonas, P.; Vétek, G. (2015) Journal of Pest Science 88 (3): 451-460.
- In vitro mycelia sensitivity of Drechslera siccans, isolated from wheat, to fungicides.
Tonin, R. B.; Reis, E. M.; Gómez, D. E. (2015) RIA, Revista de Investigaciones Agropecuarias 41 (2): 192-200.
- Community analysis of plant parasitic nematodes associated with various crops in Kumaon region of Uttarakhand, India, along with a description of Criconema (Nothocriconema) minutellum sp. n.
Rathour, K. S.; Sudershan Ganguly (2015) International Journal of Nematology 25 (1): 96-105.
- White blister rusts and downy mildews from Bajaur Agency FATA, with some new records from Pakistan.
Haq, M. A.; Saleem Shahzad; Syeda Qamarunnisa (2015) Pakistan Journal of Botany 47 (4): 1569-1574.
- Two new rust fungi of Thekopsora on Cornus (Cornaceae) from western China.
Yang Ting; Tian ChengMing; Lu HaiYun; Liang YingMei; Kakishima, M. (2015) Mycoscience 56 (5): 461-469.
- New record of insect pests on seedlings of Eucalyptus.
Roychoudhury, N.; Subhash Chandra; Singh, R. B.; Barve, S. K.; Das, A. K. (2015) Indian Journal of Forestry 38 (2) 117-124.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Three types of training delivering plant health knowledge to Burundi’s farmers
How do you reach millions of farmers with tried-and-tested plant health advice? The answer is to train the plant health advisors. ©Nihimbazwe Paterne for CABI In Burundi, Plantwise has been doing just this. In March 2021, Plantwise started to train pla…
24 March 2023
Leave a Reply