We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include new gall midges from Papua New Guinea, the first report of white rust of rocket caused by Albugo candida in South Africa and the first report of Botrytis pseudocinerea causing gray mold on tomato in central China.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of powdery mildew Podoshaera tridactyla on Prunus hypoleuca in China.
Bai, L. C.; Cao, Z. M.; Li, P. Q.; Liang, C. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (2): 289.
- Takecallis arundinariae (Essig 1917) new record for the Hungarian aphid fauna on Phyllostachys iridescens (C. Y. Yao and S. Y. Chen) bamboo species.
Basky, Z.; Neményi, A. (2014) Phytopathologica et Entomologica Hungarica 49 (2): 281-287.
- Characterization of Monilinia fructicola associated with brown rot of cherry fruit in Korea.
Choi HyoWon; Hong SungKee; Lee YoungKee; Nam YoungJu; Lee JaeGuem; Shim HongSik (2014) Korean Journal of Mycology 42 (4): 353-356.
- New record of leaf caterpillar, Noorda blitealis Walker (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) as fruit and seed borer of drumstick, Moringa oleifera Lam.
Halder, J.; Rai, A. B. (2014) Journal of Plant Protection and Environment 11 (2): 6-9.
- First report of Botrytis pseudocinerea causing gray mold on tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum) in central China.
Li, N.; Zhang, J.; Yang, L.; Wu, M. D.; Li, G. Q. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (2): 283-284.
- First report of white rust of rocket (Eruca sativa) caused by Albugo candida in South Africa.
Mangwende, E.; Kabengele, J. B. K.; Truter, M.; Aveling, T. A. S. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (2): 290.
- First report of leaf spot disease on walnut caused by Colletotrichum fioriniae in China.
Zhu, Y. Z.; Liao, W. J.; Zou, D. X.; Wu, Y. J.; Zhou, Y. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (2): 289-290.
- A review of the genus Magadha Distant, 1906 (Hemiptera: Fulgoromorpha: Achilidae).
Long JianKun; Yang Lin; Chen XiangSheng; (2014) Zootaxa 3872 (3): 235-256.
- A new species of mealybug in the genus Paracoccus Ezzat & McConnell from North America (Insecta: Coccoidea: Pseudococcidae).
Ellenrieder, N. von; Stocks, I. C. (2014) Zootaxa 3873 (1): 25-36.
- New gall midges (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) from Papua New Guinea.
Kolesik, P.; Butterill, P. T. (2015) Austral Entomology 54 (1): 79-86.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Anthracnose is a catch-all, general term. It describes the damage caused to plants by a group of fungal diseases. Anthra…
13 June 2022