Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including research into the benefits of cover crops, the release of the 2013 Global Food Policy Report and the launch of the Plant Protection Code for India’s tea industry.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Stress-Resilient Maize Hybrids Developed for Asian Tropics
CIMMYT’s Blog, 20th March 2014
- India: Plant Protection code for the tea industry
International Association for the Plant Protection Sciences, 19th March 2014
- Kenya: Ifad and EU Join Hands to Boost Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security in Kenya
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 19th March 2014
- Research reveals true value of cover crops to farmers, environment
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 19th March 2014
- The basis of a new bioinsecticide is developed to control a pest of banana plantations
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 18th March 2014
- Will Climate Change Affect Outbreak Patterns of Planthoppers in Bangladesh?
International Association for the Plant Protection Sciences, 18th March 2014
- Family farming and women: Exploiting untapped potential
IFPRI info, 14th March 2014
- ‘Global average diet’ threatens food security
Bush Telegraph – ABC Radio National, 14th March 2014
- IFPRI launch 2013 Global Food Policy Report
IFPRI info, 13th March 2014
- Pakistan Finalizes Strategy to Make Quality Cotton Seed Available
Crop Biotech Update, 12th March 2014
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
Penn State University’s Nuru app project has been awarded further funding to expand the reach of crop diseases and support farmers at a global scale (© Pexels) An extension grant has been awarded to the PlantVillage Nuru project, developing an artifici…
13 March 2020