Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including a bumper harvest for Bangladesh from stress tolerant rice varieties, news that plant production could decline as climate change affects soil nutrients, and Autralia’s Minister for the Environment launches a new sustainability app for farmers.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Infectious Panama disease in bananas spreads further again
Fresh Plaza, 4th November 2013
- Zimbabwe: Grow Potatoes to Enhance Food Security – SIRDC
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 1st November 2013
- Plant production could decline as climate change affects soil nutrients
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 31st October 2013
- Minister launches new sustainability app for farmers
Fresh Plaza, 28th October 2013
- Stimulating the supply of ginger disease management products in Nepal
The Guardian, 28th October 2013
- Ethiopia: Agribusiness Silently Erodes Agriculture
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 27th October 2013
- Tanzania: Banana Wilt, a Disaster Eating Into Kagera Region
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 26th October 2013
- Cuts to crops could help growers bounce back after drought
Fresh Plaza, 25th October 2013
- Bangladesh Has Bumper Harvest from Stress Tolerant Rice Varieties
Crop Biotech Update, 23rd October 2013
- Pesticides on a plate [Sri Lanka]
The Nation, 20th October 2013
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include a record of an aphid species that is new to the Netherlands (photo © Ho Jung Yoo, Purdue University – via Wikimedia Commons) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests an…
12 November 2019