Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including a bumper harvest for Bangladesh from stress tolerant rice varieties, news that plant production could decline as climate change affects soil nutrients, and Autralia’s Minister for the Environment launches a new sustainability app for farmers.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Infectious Panama disease in bananas spreads further again
Fresh Plaza, 4th November 2013
- Zimbabwe: Grow Potatoes to Enhance Food Security – SIRDC
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 1st November 2013
- Plant production could decline as climate change affects soil nutrients
EurekAlert – Agriculture, 31st October 2013
- Minister launches new sustainability app for farmers
Fresh Plaza, 28th October 2013
- Stimulating the supply of ginger disease management products in Nepal
The Guardian, 28th October 2013
- Ethiopia: Agribusiness Silently Erodes Agriculture
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 27th October 2013
- Tanzania: Banana Wilt, a Disaster Eating Into Kagera Region
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 26th October 2013
- Cuts to crops could help growers bounce back after drought
Fresh Plaza, 25th October 2013
- Bangladesh Has Bumper Harvest from Stress Tolerant Rice Varieties
Crop Biotech Update, 23rd October 2013
- Pesticides on a plate [Sri Lanka]
The Nation, 20th October 2013
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on prise.org An estimated 40% of the world’s crops are lost to pests impacting on smallholder farmers’ ability to feed their families, on international trade and food supply chains and hampering the pursuit of Sust…
26 June 2020