We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report of Dothiorella gregaria associated with fruit rot of walnuts in India, and the discovery of three new species of Botryosphaeriales isolated from diseased plant branches in China.
- A re-assessment of Erysiphe polygoni: phylogenetic analyses suggest an undescribed species. Darsaraei, H.; Afshan, N.; Afzal, S.; Zafar, I.; Anwar, A.; Götz, M.; Khodaparast, S. A.; Braun, U. (2023) Sydowia 75 233-242.
- Fusarium diversity associated with diseased cereals in China, with an updated phylogenomic assessment of the genus. Han, S. L.; Wang, M. M.; Ma, Z. Y.; Raza, M.; Zhao, P.; Liang, J. M.; Gao, M.; Li, Y. J.; Wang, J. W.; Hu, D. M.; Cai, L. (2023) Studies in Mycology 104 87-148.
- Botryosphaerialean fungi associated with woody oil plants cultivated in Sichuan Province, China. Li WenLi; Liang RuiRu; Dissanayake, A. J.; Liu JianKui (2023) MycoKeys (97) 71-116.
- Morphology and molecular analyses reveal three new species of Botryosphaeriales isolated from diseased plant branches in China. Lin Lu; Bai YuKun; Pan Meng; Tian ChengMing; Fan XinLei (2023) MycoKeys (97) 1-19.
- First report of two Chrysoporthe species, Chrysoporthe doradensis and Chrysoporthe colombiana sp. nov. from Henriettea seemannii pathogenic to Eucalyptus in Colombia. Suzuki, H.; Marincowitz, S.; Rodas, C. A.; Wingfield, B. D.; Wingfield, M. J. (2023) Mycological Progress 22 (6).
- Closing the gap between the number of Phytophthora species isolated through baiting a soil sample and the number revealed through metabarcoding. Sarker, S. R.; Burgess, T. I.; Hardy, G. E. S. J.; McComb, J. (2023) Mycological Progress 22 (6).
- Isolation, molecular characterization and first report of Dothiorella gregaria associated with fruit rot of walnuts of Jammu and Kashmir, India. Dar, G. J.; Ruqeya Nazir; Wani, S. A.; Saleem Farooq (2023) Microbial Pathogenesis 175.
- Pathogenicity and fungicide sensitivity of Phytophthora parvispora, a new pathogen causing gummosis and root rot disease on citrus trees. Quang Van Tran; Cuong Viet Ha; Vvedensky, V. V.; Thi Thuy Linh Le; Viet-Cuong Han (2023) Microbial Pathogenesis 175.
- Taxonomic review of the genus Spulerina Vári 1961 (Lepidoptera: Gracillariidae) in Korea. Kim DaSom; Oh JaeIn; Byun BongKyu (2023) Oriental Insects 57 (2) 653-670.
- Development of a molecular tool for identification of a new Neopestalotiopsis sp. associated with disease outbreaks on strawberry. Kaur, H.; Gelain, J.; Marin, M. V.; Peres, N. A.; Schnabel, G. (2023) Plant Disease 107 (5) 1544-1549.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include information about five new introduced terrestrial slugs in Hungary. Photograph by RodrigoQuarteu. We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstrac…
11 September 2023