We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include the first report of root rot of Dendropanax trifidus caused by Fusarium oxysporum in Korea, and a description of three new species and one new genus in American acanthocinini.
- First report of root rot of Dendropanax trifidus caused by Fusarium oxysporum in Korea. Ma Hyerin; Choi SungYu; Sang Hyunkyu; Kim HyunJun (2023) Korean Journal of Mycology 51 (1) 51-56.
- Occurrence in Korea of rust disease on Tilia mandshurica caused by Pucciniastrum tiliae. Lee JaeSung; Park JiHyun; Choi YoungJoon; Shin HyeonDong (2023) Korean Journal of Mycology 51 (1) 1-6.
- Morphology, phylogeny, and pathogenicity of Simplicillium obclavatum (Hypocreales: Cordycipitaceae) against tomato leafminer, Tuta absoluta (Meyrick) (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae). Bali, G. K.; Maurya, D. K.; Singh, S. K.; Pandit, R. S. (2023) International Journal of Tropical Insect Science 43 (2) 355-361.
- First report of Tomato yellow leaf curl virus and associated Tomato leaf curl betasatellite infecting eggplant (Solanum melongena) and in Pakistan. Nasim Ahmed; Imran Amin; Shahid Mansoor (2023) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 18 (15) (05 May 2023).
- Taxonomic study with new records of Vespid wasps (Vespidae: Hymenoptera) from Kashmir, India. Nighat Gull; Rather, Y. A.; Zubair Azad; Jobiraj, T.; Sheikh, A. H. (2023) Journal of Entomological Research 47 (1) 233-236.
- Pathogenicity and identification of Lasiodiplodia theobromae causing Jatropha curcas stem canker in Yunnan, China. Su JianYun; Wang TianTian; Tang JingYing; Dong Xian; Dong JiaHong; Ji PengZhang; Zhang Lei (2023) Journal of General Plant Pathology 89 (3) 192-196.
- A review of Caryanda viridis– species group (Orthoptera: Acrididae) with a new species. Yin ZhiLong; Mao BenYong (2023) Zootaxa 5263 (4) 505-519.
- Do the palaearctic subgenera of Podistra Motschulsky, 1839 really occur in North America: description of P. (pidostria), subgen. nov. (Coleoptera: Cantharidae). Kazantsev, S. V. (2023) Zootaxa 5263 (3) 389-400.
- Description of three new species and one new genus in American acanthocinini (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae). Santos-Silva, A.; Monné, M. A. (2023) Zootaxa 5263 (2) 273-284.
- A new species of planthopper in the genus Jamaha (Hemiptera: Fulgoroidea: Nogodinidae) from the Northeastern coast of Jamaica. Bahder, B. W.; Myrie, W.; Helmick, E. E.; Dam, A. R. van; Bartlett, C. R. (2023) Zootaxa 5263 (2) 261-272.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
New study highlights positive impact of PlantwisePlus in Ghana on gender-inclusive agricultural extension services
A new study brief shares key findings on gender-inclusive agricultural extension services in Ghana by PlantwisePlus.
5 December 2023