We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this month include two new species of Plasmopara affecting wild grapes in the USA and the first report of rust disease on Potentilla indica caused by Phragmidium duchesneae in Japan.
- Prevalence, molecular characterization, and variety reactions of Neoscytalidium novaehollandiae on mulberries in Turkey. Oksal, E. (2022) Notulae Botanicae, Horti Agrobotanici, Cluj-Napoca 50 (2).
- Microbiome analyses of 12 psyllid species of the family Psyllidae identified various bacteria including Fukatsuia and Serratia symbiotica, known as secondary symbionts of aphids. Nakabachi, A.; Inoue, H.; Hirose, Y. (2022) BMC Microbiology 22 (15).
- Isolation and characterization of Alternaria malorum as a causal agent of bark canker on walnut trees. Bagherabadi, S.; Zafari, D. (2022) Journal of Plant Protection Research 62 (1) 102-106.
- First record of a novel begomovirus and satellites associated with leaf curl disease of passion fruit from India. Venkataravanappa Venkataravanappa; Reddy, C. N. L.; Shridhar Hiremath; Muralidhara, B. M.; Vishweswarasastry Suryanarayana; Baranwal, V. K.; Reddy, M. K. (2022) Journal of Plant Protection Research 62 (1) 78-92.
- Biology, morphology and molecular characterization of Rhaphipodus subopacus (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae): a new pest of cocoa (Theobroma cacao Linnaus). Thube, S. H.; Sangamesh Hiremath; Pandian, R. T. P.; Josephrajkumar, A.; Firake, D. M.; Rajkumar, M.; Vinayaka Hegde (2022) Applied Entomology and Zoology 57 (3) 213-223.
- Two new species of Plasmopara affecting wild grapes in the USA. Salgado-Salazar, C.; Thines, M. (2022) Mycological Progress 21 (7).
- First report of sooty spot caused by Cladosporium tenuissimum on mature calyces of Cape gooseberry grown in greenhouse. Miyake, N.; Tsukasa, M.; Kouno, T.; Itoh, K. (2022) Journal of General Plant Pathology 88 (4) 282-284.
- First report of rust disease on Potentilla indica caused by Phragmidium duchesneae in Japan. Uzuhashi, S.; Horie, H.; Kakishima, M. (2022) Journal of General Plant Pathology 88 (4) 278-281.
- First report of Pythium myriotylum damping-off of shiso. Kawasumi, R.; Oda, Y.; Tojo, M. (2022) Journal of General Plant Pathology 88 (4) 275-277.
- Bagworms in Indonesian plantation forests: species composition, pest status, and factors that contribute to outbreaks. Lelana, N. E.; Utami, S.; Darmawan, U. W.; Nuroniah, H. S.; Darwo; Asmaliyah; Haneda, N. F.; Arinana; Darwiati, W.; Anggraeni, I. (2022) Diversity 14 (6).
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Papaya mealybug, Paraccous margniatus, is native to Central America but has spread rapidly in invaded countries. It was detected in Uganda in 2021 where it has the potential to affect the production and quality of papaya and other host crops. Papaya fr…
14 September 2022