We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of powdery mildew (Erysiphe quercicola) on rubber trees in Viet Nam, the occurrence of anthracnose fruit rot (Colletotrichum nymphaeae) on pepper in Malaysia and the characterization of a novel polerovirus infecting maize in China.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Characterization of a novel polerovirus infecting maize in China.
Chen Sha; Jiang GuangZhuang; Wu JianXiang; Liu Yong; Qian YaJuan; Zhou XuePing (2016) Viruses 8 (5) 120.
- Monoclonal antibodies for differentiating infections of three serological-related tospoviruses prevalent in southwestern China.
Chen YuHan; Dong JiaHong; Chien WanChu; Zheng KuanYu; Wu Kuo; Yeh ShyiDong; Sun JingHua; Wang YunChi; Chen TsungChi (2016) Virology Journal 13 (72) (27 April 2016).
- First record of whitefly Parabemisia myricae (Kuwana 1927) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) in Croatia.
Šimala, M.; Pintar, M.; Milek, T. M.; Markotic´, V. (2016) Glasilo Biljne Zaštite 16 (3) 307-317.
- Didymella sidae-hermaphroditae sp. nov., a new pathogen on Sida hermaphrodita (L.) Rusby.
Bedlan, G. (2016) Journal für Kulturpflanzen 68 (5) 130-133.
- Mites Proctolaelaps superagui sp. nov. and Tropicoseius braziliensis on bromeliad Quesnelia arvensis in Brazil.
Literakova, Z.; Literak, I.; Kaluz, S. (2016) International Journal of Acarology 42 (5) 265-273.
- First report of powdery mildew caused by Erysiphe quercicola on Hevea brasiliensis in Viet Nam.
Tam, L. T. T.; Cuong, H. V.; Khue, N. M.; Tri, M. V.; Thanh, H. M.; Dung, P. N.; Hoat, T. X.; Liem, N. V. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (6) 1239.
- Occurrence of anthracnose fruit rot caused by Colletotrichum nymphaeae on pepper (Capsicum annuum) in Malaysia.
Nasehi, A.; Kadir, J.; Rashid, T. S.; Awla, H. K.; Golkhandan, E.; Mahmodi, F. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (6) 1244.
- First report of Grapevine syrah virus 1 in South African grapevines.
Oosthuizen, K.; Coetzee, B.; Maree, H. J.; Burger, J. T. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (6) 1252.
- First report of Banana bunchy top virus in banana (Musa spp.) from South Africa.
Jooste, A. E. C.; Wessels, N.; Merwe, M. van der (2016) Plant Disease 100 (6) 1251-1252.
- First report of Phytophthora palmivora causing bud rot on palmito (Bactris gasipaes) in Ecuador.
Ordoñez, M. E.; Jácome, D. A.; Keil, C. B.; Montúfar, R. J.; Evans, T. A. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (6) 1248-1249.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on prise.org An estimated 40% of the world’s crops are lost to pests impacting on smallholder farmers’ ability to feed their families, on international trade and food supply chains and hampering the pursuit of Sust…
26 June 2020