We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Curvularia lunata causing fruit rot of tomato in Pakistan, the characterization and occurrence of squash chlorotic leaf spot virus infecting cucurbits in Sudan and the first report of Rhizoctonia solani causing peanut pod rot in China.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Thysanopterofauna associated with ornamental and crop plants in Southwest Bahia.
Mascarenhas, A. L. S.; Pinent, S. M. J.; Silva Junior, J. C. (2016) EntomoBrasilis 9 (1) 31-35.
- Wild radish (Raphanus spp.) and garden rocket (Eruca sativa) as new Brassicaceae hosts of Tomato chlorosis virus in South America.
Boiteux, L. S.; Fonseca, M. E. N.; Reis, A.; Costa, A. F.; Fontes, M. G.; González-Arcos, M. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (5) 1027, 5 ref.
- First report of Fusarium incarnatum causing stalk rot on maize in China.
Gai, X. T.; Yang, R. X.; Pan, X. J.; Yuan, Y.; Wang, S. N.; Liang, B. B.; Gao, Z. G. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (5) 1010, 3 ref.
- Identification of the new pathogen (Stemphylium lycopersici) causing leaf spot on pepino (Solanum muricatum).
Abbas Nasehi; Jugah Kadir; Nasr-Esfahani, M.; Farnaz Abed-Ashtiani; Elham Golkhandan; Sadegh Ashkani; (2016) Journal of Phytopathology 164 (6) 421-426.
- First report of stem canker caused by Lasiodiplodia subglobosa on Carya illinoinensis in Brazil.
Poletto, T.; Maciel, C. G.; Muniz, M.; Blume, E.; Poletto, I.; Brioso, P. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (5) 1016-1017, 3 ref.
- First report of rust disease of Bradford pear caused by Gymnosporangium clavipes.
Creswell, T. C.; Ruhl, G. E.; Aime, M. C.; Beckerman, J. L.; Abbasi, M. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (4) 860.
- First report of Rhizoctonia solani causing peanut pod rot in China.
Chi, Y. C.; Xu, M. L.; Yang, J. G.; Wang, F. L.; Wu, J. X. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (5) 1008.
- First report of Curvularia lunata causing fruit rot of tomato (Lycopersicum esculentum) in Pakistan.
Iftikhar, S.; Shahid, A. A.; Nawaz, K.; Ali, S. W. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (5) 1013-1014, 4 ref.
- A curious case of resistance to a new encounter pathogen: myrtle rust in Australia.
Tobias, P. A.; Guest, D. I.; Külheim, C.; Hsieh JiFan; Park, R. F. (2016) Molecular Plant Pathology 17 (5) 783-788.
- Characterization and occurrence of squash chlorotic leaf spot virus, a tentative new torradovirus infecting cucurbits in Sudan.
Lecoq, H.; Verdin, E.; Tepfer, M.; Wipf-Scheibel, C.; Millot, P.; Dafalla, G.; Desbiez, C. (2016) Archives of Virology 161 (6) 1651-1655.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
>> Latest quiz just added Plantwise plant doctors are at the heart of our plant clinic network providing advice and information to farmers, logging their data for the Plantwise Knowledge Bank, and always adapting to new outbreaks and technologies. Thin…
26 October 2020