We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Tomato chlorosis virus infecting eggplant and scarlet eggplant in Brazil, the natural infection of cashew by Xanthomonas citri pv. mangiferaeindicae in Burkina Faso and the first record of Platygaster luteipes from leaf galls on black pepper along with first report of the species from India.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Natural infection of cashew (Anacardium occidentale) by Xanthomonas citri pv. mangiferaeindicae in Burkina Faso.
Zombre, C.; Sankara, P.; Ouédraogo, S. L.; Wonni, I.; Boyer, K.; Boyer, C.; Terville, M.; Javegny, S.; Allibert, A.; Vernière, C.; Pruvost, O. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (4) 718-723.
- First report of sclerotinia fruit rot of Citrus paradisi caused by Sclerotinia sclerotiorum in Pakistan.
Hanif, S.; Hafeez, R.; Akram, W.; Ashfaq, M.; Ali, A. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (4) 863.
- First detailed report of Trichothecium roseum causing post-harvest pink rot of avocado in Israel.
Sharma, G.; Maymon, M.; Freeman, S. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (4) 856.
- First report of Potato virus V and Peru tomato mosaic virus on tamarillo (Solanum betaceum) orchards of Ecuador.
Insuasti, M. L.; Ochoa, J. B.; Martin, R. R.; Alvarez, R. A.; Quito-Avila, D. F. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (4) 868-869.
- Tetrastichus giffardianus on pupae of Anastrepha in Brazil.
Araújo, A. A. R.; Silva, P. R. R.; Silva, R. B. Q.; Sousa, E. P. da S. (2016) Ciência Rural 46 (7) 1134-1135.
- First report of powdery mildew caused by Erysiphe cruciferarum on Brassica juncea in Vietnam.
Tam, L. T. T.; Dung, P. N.; Liem, N. V. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (4) 856-857.
- First report of Xanthomonas gardneri causing bacterial spot of tomato in Malaysia.
Rashid, T. S.; Kamaruzaman, S.; Golkhandan, E.; Nasehi, A.; Awla, H. K. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (4) 854.
- Identification of the new pathogen (Stemphylium lycopersici) causing leaf spot on pepino (Solanum muricatum).
Abbas Nasehi; Jugah Kadir; Nasr-Esfahani, M.; Farnaz Abed-Ashtiani; Elham Golkhandan; Sadegh Ashkani (2016) Journal of Phytopathology 164 (6) 421-426.
- First report of Tomato chlorosis virus infecting eggplant and scarlet eggplant in Brazil.
Fonseca, M. E. N.; Boiteux, L. S.; Lima, M. F.; Mendonça, J. L.; Costa, A. F.; Fontes, M. G.; Costa, H.; González-Arcos, M. (2016) Plant Disease 100 (4) 867-868.
- First record of Platygaster luteipes Buhl (Hymenoptera: Platygastridae) from leaf galls on black pepper along with first report of the species from India.
Anjana, M.; Rajmohana, K.; Buhl, P. N.; Shameem, K. M. (2016) International Journal of Environmental Studies 73 (2) 186-195.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
>> Latest quiz just added Plantwise plant doctors are at the heart of our plant clinic network providing advice and information to farmers, logging their data for the Plantwise Knowledge Bank, and always adapting to new outbreaks and technologies. Thin…
26 October 2020