We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include occurrence of the tobacco cyst nematode subspecies Globodera tabacum subsp. virginiae in France, Spilocaea pyracanthae causing leaf scab on loquat in Pakistan and the first report of Alternaria sp. PMK1 causing leaf spot disease on parthenium weed.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Two species of Pleomassariaceae new for The Netherlands: Pleomassaria carpini and Splanchnonema quercicola.
Osieck, E.; Koopmans, D. (2016) Coolia 59 (1) 33-37
- Spilocaea pyracanthae causing leaf scab on loquat in Pakistan.
Butt, H.; Tariq Mukhtar; Maria Batool (2016) Bragantia 75 (1) 76-78
- Genetic diversity of Ralstonia solanacearum phylotype II sequevar 4 strains associated with Moko disease of banana (Musa spp.) in Peninsular Malaysia.
Dzarifah Zulperi; Kamaruzaman Sijam; Zainal Abidin, M. A.; Yahya Awang; Siti Izera Ismail; Norhayu Asib; Erneeza Mohd Hata (2016) European Journal of Plant Pathology 144 (2) 257-270
- Occurrence of the tobacco cyst nematode subspecies Globodera tabacum subsp. virginiae in France.
Bardou-Valette, S.; Grenier, E.; Montarry, J. (2016) European Journal of Plant Pathology 144 (1) 199-203
- First report of Alternaria sp. PMK1: causative agent of leaf spot disease on parthenium weed.
Manpreet Kaur; Aggarwal, N. K. (2016) Biocontrol Science and Technology 26 (3) 432-434
- Description of a new species of the genus Laelaspis Berlese (Acari, Mesostigmata, Laelapidae) from Iran.
Kazemi, S.; Mehrzad, N.; Latify, M. (2016) ZooKeys (549) 145-155
- New species of Eretmocerus Haldeman (Hymenoptera: Aphelinidae) parasitizing Crenidorsum turpiniae (Takahashi) and Aleurothrixus floccosus (Maskell) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) from Taiwan.
Shih YuanTung; Polaszek, A.; Dubey, A. K.; Chen ShuPei; Yang PingShih; Ko ChiunCheng (2016) Journal of Natural History 50 (5/6) 377-391
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
A Plantwise plant doctor in Cambodia advises a farmer on the diagnosis and treatment of a crop pest to help him increase his yield and livelihood (Credit: Enric Català for CABI) International Day of Plant Health – recently established by the United Nat…
12 May 2022