We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include occurrence of the tobacco cyst nematode subspecies Globodera tabacum subsp. virginiae in France, Spilocaea pyracanthae causing leaf scab on loquat in Pakistan and the first report of Alternaria sp. PMK1 causing leaf spot disease on parthenium weed.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Two species of Pleomassariaceae new for The Netherlands: Pleomassaria carpini and Splanchnonema quercicola.
Osieck, E.; Koopmans, D. (2016) Coolia 59 (1) 33-37
- Spilocaea pyracanthae causing leaf scab on loquat in Pakistan.
Butt, H.; Tariq Mukhtar; Maria Batool (2016) Bragantia 75 (1) 76-78
- Genetic diversity of Ralstonia solanacearum phylotype II sequevar 4 strains associated with Moko disease of banana (Musa spp.) in Peninsular Malaysia.
Dzarifah Zulperi; Kamaruzaman Sijam; Zainal Abidin, M. A.; Yahya Awang; Siti Izera Ismail; Norhayu Asib; Erneeza Mohd Hata (2016) European Journal of Plant Pathology 144 (2) 257-270
- Occurrence of the tobacco cyst nematode subspecies Globodera tabacum subsp. virginiae in France.
Bardou-Valette, S.; Grenier, E.; Montarry, J. (2016) European Journal of Plant Pathology 144 (1) 199-203
- First report of Alternaria sp. PMK1: causative agent of leaf spot disease on parthenium weed.
Manpreet Kaur; Aggarwal, N. K. (2016) Biocontrol Science and Technology 26 (3) 432-434
- Description of a new species of the genus Laelaspis Berlese (Acari, Mesostigmata, Laelapidae) from Iran.
Kazemi, S.; Mehrzad, N.; Latify, M. (2016) ZooKeys (549) 145-155
- New species of Eretmocerus Haldeman (Hymenoptera: Aphelinidae) parasitizing Crenidorsum turpiniae (Takahashi) and Aleurothrixus floccosus (Maskell) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) from Taiwan.
Shih YuanTung; Polaszek, A.; Dubey, A. K.; Chen ShuPei; Yang PingShih; Ko ChiunCheng (2016) Journal of Natural History 50 (5/6) 377-391
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Leave a Reply
Related News & Blogs
Update: New Pest & Disease Records (07 June 2023)
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Dothiorella gregaria associated with fruit rot of walnuts in India (Image by Helga Kattinger from Pixabay) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records f…
8 June 2023
A good job indeed by CABI
Its edcative and keeps farmers updated and aware of the future outbreak of pests and their managements