We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include Lima bean, a new host of Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. phaseoli in Iran, the characterization of Phytophthora amaranthi sp. nov. from amaranth in Taiwan. and new records of Lasiodiplodia theobromae in Tetrapleura tetraptera seeds from Nigeria and coconut fruit from Mexico.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of the nematodes Filenchus orientalis and Hemicriconemoides californianus on faba bean in Iran.
Azimi, S.; Mahdikhani-Moghadam, E.; Rouhani, H.; Memari, H. R. (2016) Hellenic Plant Protection Journal 9 (1) 44-50
- Plant parasitic nematodes associated to banana roots (Musa acuminata AA) in central Veracruz, Mexico.
Lara Posadas, A. V.; Núñez Sánchez, Á. E.; López Lima, D.; Carrión, G. (2016) Revista Mexicana de Fitopatología 34 (1) 116-130
- Phaseolus lunatus, a new host of Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. phaseoli in Iran.
Osdaghi, E.; Zademohamad, A. A. (2016) Journal of Phytopathology 164 (1) 56-60
- New records of Lasiodiplodia theobromae in seeds of Tetrapleura tetraptera from Nigeria and fruit of Cocos nucifera from Mexico.
Dugan, F. M.; Lupien, S. L.; Osuagwu, A. N.; Uyoh, E. A.; Okpako, E.; Kisha, T. (2016) Journal of Phytopathology 164 (1) 65-68
- Morphological, molecular and pathological characterization of Phytophthora amaranthi sp. nov. from amaranth in Taiwan.
Ann PaoJen; Huang JinHsin; Tsai JyhNong; Ko WenHsiung (2016) Journal of Phytopathology 164 (2) 94-101
- Virulence of entomopathogenic nematodes and their symbiotic bacteria against the hazelnut weevil Curculio nucum.
Batalla-Carrera, L.; Morton, A.; Garcia-del-Pino, F. (2016) Journal of Applied Entomology 140 (1/2) 115-123
- Fungi from a non-native invasive plant increase its growth but have different growth effects on native plants.
Day, N. J.; Dunfield, K. E.; Antunes, P. M. (2016) Biological Invasions 18 (1) 231-243
- Field evaluation of Lymantria obfuscata multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus for the management of Indian gypsy moth in Jammu & Kashmir, India.
Gupta, R. K.; Mudasir Gani; Kaul, V.; Bhagat, R. M.; Bali, K.; Samnotra, R. K. (2016) Crop Protection 80 149-158
- Phakopsora myrtacearum sp. nov., a newly described rust (Pucciniales) on eucalypts in eastern and southern Africa.
Maier, W.; McTaggart, A. R.; Roux, J.; Wingfield, M. J. (2016) Plant Pathology 65 (2) 189-195
- First report of Peronospora belbahrii on sweet basil in Baja California Sur, México.
Romero Bastidas, M.; Saucedo Picazo, L.; Murillo Amador, B.; Nieto Garibay, A.; Latisnere Barragan, H.; Hernandez Montiel, L. G. (2016) Journal of Phytopathology 164 (2) 122-124
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pesticide risk reduction tackled at behaviour change workshop in Kenya
Pesticide overuse and misuse pose a risk to farmers, consumers, and the environment. Chemical pest control is a major source of pollution, leading to water and soil contamination. Moreover, pesticides can enter the food chain through residues on crops,…
24 May 2023
Leave a Reply