We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the antifungal activities of Chaetomium spp. against Fusarium wilt of tea, the characterization of Alternaria species associated with muskmelon foliar diseases in Beijing municipality of China, and the first report of Cyrtanthus elatus virus A in Narcissus tazetta in India.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Antifungal activities of Chaetomium spp. against Fusarium wilt of tea.
Nguyen Huu Phong; Pongnak, W.; Soytong, K. (2016) Plant Protection Science 52 (1) 10-17
- Fusarium paranaense sp. nov., a member of the Fusarium solani species complex causes root rot on soybean in Brazil.
Costa, S. S.; Matos, K. S.; Tessmann, D. J.; Seixas, C. D. S.; Pfenning, L. H. (2016) Fungal Biology 120 (1) 51-60
- Erysiphe baliensis and E. sidae, two new species of anamorphic Erysiphe (powdery mildew) from Indonesia.
Siahaan, S. A. S.; Kramadibrata, K.; Hidayat, I.; Meeboon, J.; Takamatsu, S. (2016) Mycoscience 57 (1) 35-41
- Phakopsora hornotina, an additional autoecious rust species on Meliosma in the Philippines and the Ryukyu Islands, Japan.
Ono, Y. (2016) Mycoscience 57 (1) 71-78
- Pythium barbulae sp. nov. isolated from the moss, Barbula unguiculata; morphology, molecular phylogeny and pathogenicity.
Ueta, S.; Tojo, M. (2016) Mycoscience 57 (1) 11-19
- Characterization of Alternaria species associated with muskmelon foliar diseases in Beijing municipality of China.
Juan Zhao; Shu-Wen Bao; Guo-Ping Ma; Xue-Hong Wu (2016) Journal of General Plant Pathology 82 (1) 29-32
- Nothotylenchus persicus n. sp. (Nematoda: Anguinidae) from Kermanshah province, Iran.
Esmaeli, M.; Heydari, R.; Castillo, P.; Palomares-Rius, J. E. (2016) Nematology 18 (1) 29-37
- Conidarnes, a new oriental genus of sycophaginae (Hymenoptera, Agaonidae) associated with Ficus section Conosycea (Moraceae).
Farache, F. H. A.; Rasplus, J. Y. (2015) ZooKeys (539) 119-145
- Review of the genus Hieromantis Meyrick from China, with descriptions of three new species (Lepidoptera, Stathmopodidae).
Guan Wei; Li HouHun (2015) ZooKeys (534) 85-102
- First report of Cyrtanthus elatus virus A in Narcissus tazetta in India.
Kumar, S.; Raj, R.; Kaur, C.; Raj, S. K.; Roy, R. K. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (11) 1658
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Tobacco mosaic virus infecting papaya in China (photograph by Sadhana@1986). We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstract…
10 November 2022