We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Tomato spotted wilt virus of potato in Korea, Iphimeis dives (Crysomelidae) beetle occurrence in beans in the western Parana State of Brazil and the first report of Beet yellows virus (BYV) on sugar beet in Croatia.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Iphimeis dives (Crysomelidae) beetle occurrence in beans in western Parana State, Brazil.
Alves, A. L.; Nunes, M.; Costa, A. C. T. da; Duarte Júnior, J. B.; Pietrowski, V. (2016) African Journal of Plant Science 10 (1) 39-42
- Phylogeny, distribution and pathogenicity of Lasiodiplodia species associated with dieback of table grape in the main Brazilian exporting region.
Correia, K. C.; Silva, M. A.; Morais Júnior, M. A. de; Armengol, J.; Phillips, A. J. L.; Câmara, M. P. S.; Michereff, S. J. (2016) Plant Pathology 65 (1) 92-103
- Diversity and pathogenicity of the Ceratocystidaceae associated with cacao agroforests in Cameroon.
Mbenoun, M.; Wingfield, M. J.; Boyogueno, A. D. B.; Amougou, F. N.; Tigang, S. P.; Hoopen, G. M. ten; Mfegue, C. V.; Dibog, L.; Nyassé, S.; Wingfield, B. D.; Roux, J. (2016) Plant Pathology 65 (1) 64-78
- Neoalloionema tricaudatum gen. n., sp. n. (Nematoda: Alloionematidae) associated with a cyclophorid snail in Cuc Phuong Natural Park, Vietnam.
Ivanova, E.; Pham Van Luc; Spiridonov, S. (2016) Nematology 18 (1) 109-120
- Morphological and molecular characterisation of one new and several known species of the reniform nematode, Rotylenchulus Linford & Oliveira, 1940 (Hoplolaimidae: Rotylenchulinae), and a phylogeny of the genus.
Berg, E. van den; Palomares-Rius, J. E.; Vovlas, N.; Tiedt, L. R.; Castillo, P.; Subbotin, S. A. (2016) Nematology 18 (1) 67-107
- Phytophtora cactorum on apples – symptomatology, biology of pathogen, epidemiology and disease management.
Soldo, T.; Svitlica, B.; Mesic´, J. (2015) Glasnik Zaštite Bilja 38 (5) 24-30
- First report of Rhizoctonia foliar blight of soybean in Austria.
Hissek, K.; Plenk, A.; Bedlan, G. (2015) Journal für Kulturpflanzen 67 (11) 377-378
- First report of Tomato spotted wilt virus in Solanum tuberosum in Korea.
Choi, S. K.; Choi, G. S. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (11) 1657-1658
- First report of Beet yellows virus (BYV) on sugar beet in Croatia.
Vončina, D.; Pospišil, M.; Šimon, S.; Bažok, R. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (11) 1656
- The finding of teliospores of Gymnosporangium clavariiforme in China.
Liu TieZhi; Hou ZhenShi (2015) Journal of Fungal Research 13 (3) 136-137
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Anthracnose is a catch-all, general term. It describes the damage caused to plants by a group of fungal diseases. Anthra…
13 June 2022