We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Tomato leaf curl Gujarat virus showing leaf curl symptoms on cotton in Pakistan, the first report of Alternaria alternata causing leaf blight of onion in South Africa and the first report of bacterial shoot blight caused by Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae of apple in Korea.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Leguminicolous fungi associated with some seeds of Sudanese legumes.
Abdulwehab, S. A.; El-Nagerabi, S. A. F.; Elshafie, A. E. (2015) Biodiversitas: Journal of Biological Diversity 16 (2) 269-280
- Identification and first report of a potato tuber necrosis-inducing isolate of Alfalfa mosaic virus in Canada.
Nie, X.; Koeyer, D. de; Liang, Z.; Dickison, V.; Singh, M.; Hawkins, G. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (11) 1658
- Natural infection of yardlong bean (Vigna unguiculata subsp. sesquipedalis) by Cowpea chlorotic mottle virus.
Brito, M.; Garrido, M. J.; Ruiz, T.; Mejías, A.; Romano, M.; Avilán, D.; Mays, E.; Zambrano, K. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (11) 1657
- First report of Tomato chlorosis virus infecting eggplant (Solanum melongena) in China.
Zhou, Y.; Yan, J. Y.; Qiao, G. H.; Liu, M.; Zhang, W.; Li, X. H. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (11) 1657
- First report of Tomato leaf curl Gujarat virus, a bipartite begomovirus on cotton showing leaf curl symptoms in Pakistan.
Zaidi, S. S. A.; Iqbal, Z.; Amin, I.; Mansoor, S. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (11) 1655-1656
- First report of Rhamphicarpa fistulosa on peanut (Arachis hypogaea), soybean (Glycine max), and tossa jute (Corchorus olitorius) in Togo.
Houngbédji, T.; Gibot-Leclerc, S. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (11) 1654-1655
- First report of Fusarium ananatum causing pineapple fruitlet core rot in China.
Gu, H.; Zhan, R. L.; Zhang, L. B.; Gong, D. Q.; Jia, Z. W. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (11) 1653
- First report of Alternaria alternata causing leaf blight of onion in South Africa.
Bihon, W.; Cloete, M.; Gerrano, A.; Adebola, P.; Oelofse, D. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (11) 1652
- First report of bacterial shoot blight caused by Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae of apple (Malus pumila) in Korea.
Lee, S.; Cheon, W.; Jeon, Y. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (11) 1641
- A report on the occurrence of eulophid parasitoids on the Cashew Leaf Miner Acrocercops syngramma.
Kaliaperumal Vanitha (2015) Journal of Threatened Taxa 7 (12) 7933-7936
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
The Pest Risk Information Service (PRISE) has published request for proposals (RFP) for partners in Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, and Zambia. PRISE (prise.org) helps to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers by reducing crop losses caused by pests acro…
24 July 2020