We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first record of stink bugs in rice farming in the Brazillian Maranhão, the first report of Aspergillus parvisclerotigenus rot in garlic bulbs from Pakistan and new records of the smut fungus Testicularia africana from Tanzania and Mozambique.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- New records of smut fungi. 8. Testicularia africana from Tanzania and Mozambique.
Denchev, C. M.; Denchev, T. T. (2015) Mycotaxon 130 (3) 607-611
- First report of Onion yellow dwarf virus infecting shallot in Serbia.
Miloševic´, D.; Gvozdanovic´-Varga, J.; Ignjatov, M.; Nikolic´, Z.; Vučurovic´, I.; Vučurovic´, A.; Stankovic´, I. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (10) 1450
- First report of Aspergillus parvisclerotigenus rot in garlic bulbs from Pakistan.
Akhtar, N.; Shoaib, A.; Awan, Z. A.; Amin, U. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (10) 1448
- Diaporthe rostrata, a novel ascomycete from Juglans mandshurica associated with walnut dieback.
Fan XinLei; Hyde, K. D.; Udayanga, D.; Wu XingYu; Tian ChengMing (2015) Mycological Progress 14 (10) 82
- First report of Cucumber mosaic virus infecting Chinese mallow in China.
Peng HaoRan; Zhao ChengGang; Zhao XueJun; Chen DeXin; Sun XianChao (2015) Journal of Phytopathology 163 (11/12) 1064-1068
- First report of heart rot of pomegranate (Punica granatum) caused by Alternaria alternata in Italy.
Faedda, R.; Granata, G.; Cocuzza, G. E. M.; Giudice, V. Lo; Audoly, G.; Pane, A.; Cacciola, S. O. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (10) 1446-1447
- First report of knot disease on olive (Olea europaea) in Japan caused by Pseudomonas savastanoi pv. savastanoi.
Tsuji, M.; Ohta, K.; Tanaka, K.; Takikawa, Y. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (10) 1445
- Taxonomy and biology of Andricus miriami (Hymenoptera: Cynipidae: Cynipini) – a remarkable bud-galling cynipid from the Middle East.
Shachar, E.; Melika, G.; Dorchin, N. (2015) Annals of the Entomological Society of America 108 (5) 827-833
- New reports of rust fungi from Malakand, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
Hussain, S.; Ahmad, H.; Afshan, N. S.; Khalid, A. N. (2015) Mycotaxon 130 (3) 647-651
- First record of stink bug (Hemiptera: Reduviidae) in rice farming in the Maranhão.
Souza, J. R. de; Lima, V. F.; Silva, C. G. da; Conceição, D. P. da; Gil-Santana, H. R.; Paiva, M. J. de S. (2015) Agrotrópica 27 (2) 199-202
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Leave a Reply
Related News & Blogs
Crop App Index: search over 750 plant-health apps
The Crop App Index website helps users to find the plant-health apps and websites they need to answer their crop pest and disease questions. CABI recently added a further 200 websites and apps to the search tool. It now features over 750 different plan…
23 March 2023
[…] the blog of Plantwise, with permission. Author: Claire […]