We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a report of papaya mealy bug, Paracoccus marginatus in mulberry in West Bengal, the natural mortality of Tuta absoluta eggs in Argentina and Italy with the first record of Encarsia porteri affecting its populations and the first report of spotted wing drosophila, Drosophila suzukii in Kansas.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of spotted wing drosophila, Drosophila suzukii Matsumura (Diptera: Drosophilidae) in Kansas.
Everman, E. R.; Cloyd, R. A.; Copland, C.; Morgan, T. J. (2015) Journal of the Kansas Entomological Society 88 (1) 128-133
- Natural mortality of Tuta absoluta (Meyrick) (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae) eggs in Argentina and Italy, and first record of Encarsia porteri (Mercet) (Hymenoptera: Aphelinidae) affecting its populations.
Luft, E.; Luna, M. G.; Galise, G.; Speranza, S.; Virla, E. (2015) Revista de la Facultad de Ciencias Agrarias, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo 47 (2) 219-229
- A preliminary survey of the spider mites (Acari: Tetranychidae) in Latakia governorate of Syria.
Zriki, G.; Shaabo, A.; Boubou, A. (2015) Acarologia 55 (3) 303-309
- Record of new host plant of red spider mite, Oligonychus coffeae (Nietner).
Srikumar, K. K.; Kumar, B. S.; Radhakrishnan, B. (2015) Current Biotica 9 (1) 98-100
- Report of papaya mealy bug, Paracoccus marginatus in mulberry in West Bengal.
Lalitha, N.; Kumar, M. V. S.; Saha, A. K.; Kumar, S. N. (2015) Current Biotica 9 (1) 82-85
- Record of solanum fruit fly, Bactrocera latifrons (Hendel) (Diptera: Tephritidae) infesting solanaceous vegetables in Kerala.
Akhila, M. U.; Jiji, T. (2015) Current Biotica 9 (1) 78-81
- Newly boomed mite pest of papaya in Taiwan.
Ho ChyiChen; Wang ShunCheng; Huang ShihYing; Shih HsienTzung (2015) Journal of Taiwan Agricultural Research 64 (3) 239-241
- Sphaceloma plantaginis-lanceolatae sp. nov., a new pathogen on Plantago L.
Bedlan, G. (2015) Journal für Kulturpflanzen 67 (9) 320-322
- Distribution of eucalyptus gall wasp.
Puretz, B. O.; Potrich, M.; Miranda, F. D. A.; Lozano, E. R.; Freddo, Á. (2015) Pesquisa Florestal Brasileira 35 (83) 329-334
- Leaf folder, Pleuroptya sp. (Lepidoptera: Crambidae): a new insect pest of ramie, Boehmeria nivea L. Gaud.
Gawande, S. P.; Sharma, A. K.; Selvaraj, K.; Gotyal, B. S.; Satpathy, S. (2015) Current Biotica 9 (1) 86-87
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here or to view results by your location click here.
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Update: New Pest & Disease Records (07 June 2023)
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Dothiorella gregaria associated with fruit rot of walnuts in India (Image by Helga Kattinger from Pixabay) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records f…
8 June 2023
Leave a Reply