We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include Nesidiocoris tenuis, a predatory species of the tomato leafminer, Tuta absoluta in Iran, the first report of Chickpea chlorotic dwarf virus infecting tomato crops in Pakistan and root necrosis assessment of plant parasitic nematodes of banana at Arbaminch, Ethiopia.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Root necrosis assessment of plant parasitic nematodes of banana (Musa spp.) at Arbaminch, Ethiopia.
Gebrehiwot Nega; Seifu Fetena (2015) Journal of Biology, Agriculture and Healthcare 5 (15) 76-80
- First report of Watermelon mosaic virus infecting sesame in China.
Shi, Y.; Wang, Z. Y.; Li, H. L.; Gu, Q. S.; Wang, Y. Z.; Sun, B. J.; Chen, L. L.; Shi, Y. J.; Yan, Z. L.; Peng, B. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (9) 1291
- First report of East African cassava mosaic Malawi virus in plants affected by cassava mosaic disease in Zambia.
Mulenga, R. M.; Miano, D. W.; Chikoti, P. C.; Ndunguru, J.; Legg, J. P.; Alabi, O. J. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (9) 1290
- Dwarf mosaic disease of French bean in India caused by Rhynchosia yellow mosaic virus in association with a betasatellite.
Bhatt, B. S.; Rathmore, S.; Singh, A. K. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (9) 1291
- First report of Garlic virus A in garlic from India.
Gawande, S. J.; Gurav, V. S.; Ingle, A. A.; Gopal, J. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (9) 1288
- New species of Geosmithia and Graphium associated with ambrosia beetles in Costa Rica.
Kolařik, M.; Hulcr, J.; Kirkendall, L. R. (2015) Czech Mycology 67 (1) 29-35
- First report of Chickpea chlorotic dwarf virus infecting tomato crops in Pakistan.
Zia-ur-Rehman, M.; Hameed, U.; Herrmann, H. W.; Iqbal, M. J.; Haider, M. S.; Brown, J. K. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (9) 1287
- First report of Fusarium lichenicola as a causal agent of fruit rot in pomelo (Citrus maxima).
Amby, D. B.; Thuy, T. T. T.; Ho, B. D.; Kosawang, C.; Son, T. B.; Jørgensen, H. J. L. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (9) 1278-1279
- Nesidiocoris tenuis (Reuter) (Heteroptera: Miridae), a predatory species of the tomato leafminer, Tuta absoluta (Meyrick) (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae) in Iran.
Sohrabi, F.; Hosseini, R. (2015) Journal of Plant Protection Research 55 (3) 322-323
- First report of bacterial wilt caused by Ralstonia solanacearum race I biovar I in eggplant (Solanum melongena) in TamilNadu, Southern India.
Antony, R. S.; Gopalasamy, G.; Senthilkumar (2015) Plant Disease 99 (9) 1271-1272
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
In Ethiopia, smallholder farmers are the mainstay of the economy, with the country’s large rural communities dependent on small-scale farming for food security and income. However, farmers face several challenges when trying to improve crop yields, in…
19 July 2021