We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of frosty pod rot on cacao in Bolivia, the first report of Sclerotinia rot caused by Sclerotinia sclerotiorum on lentil in Bangladesh and the first reports of Lettuce big-vein associated virus and Mirafiori lettuce big-vein virus infecting lettuce in Saudi Arabia.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of Tomato leaf curl Bangladesh virus (ToLCBV) infecting Gomphostemma niveum plants in Assam, India.
Datta, S.; Budhauliya, R.; Das, B.; Chatterjee, S.; Bora, A.; Vairale, M. G.; Gogoi, H. K.; Vijay Veer (2015) New Disease Reports 31: 19.
- First reports of Lettuce big-vein associated virus and Mirafiori lettuce big-vein virus infecting lettuce in Saudi Arabia.
Al-Saleh, M. A.; Al-Shahwan, I. M.; Amer, M. A.; Shakeel, M. T.; Umar, M.; Abdalla, O. A.; Efthimiou, C. E.; Katis, N. I. (2015) New Disease Reports 31: 2.
- Cryptococcus uzbekistanensis causing canker on stone fruit trees.
Dehghan-Niri, M.; Rahimian, H.; Babaeizad, V. (2015) New Disease Reports 31: 13.
- A new species and a new Chinese record of Puccinia on Asteraceae from China.
Liu TieZhi; Zhuang JianYun (2015) Mycosystema 34 (3): 341-344.
- First report of Sclerotinia rot caused by Sclerotinia sclerotiorum on Lens culinaris in Bangladesh.
Ahmed, A. U.; Akhond, M. A. Y. (2015) New Disease Reports 31: 23.
- Identification and detection of agent of loquat leaf spot and fruit rot in north of Iran.
Mirhosseini, H. A.; Babaeizad, V.; Basavand, E. (2015) Journal on New Biological Reports 4 (2): 135-138.
- Outbreak of leafspot on blackberry (Rubus fruticosus) caused by Gnomoniopsis sp. in Iran.
Mirhosseini, H. A.; Rahimian, H.; Babaeizad, V.; Hashemi, L. (2015) New Disease Reports 31: 9.
- First report of frosty pod rot caused by Moniliophthora roreri on cacao in Bolivia.
Phillips-Mora, W.; Baqueros, F.; Melnick, R. L.; Bailey, B. A. (2015) New Disease Reports 31: 29.
- A trunk canker disease of Tectona grandis induced by Lasiodiplodia theobromae in Brazil.
Borges, R. C. F.; Santos, M. D. M.; Macedo, M. A.; Martins, I.; Nascimento, A. G.; CaféFilho, A. C.; Boiteux, L. S.; Fonseca, M. E. N.; Inácio, C. A.; Mello, S. C. M. (2015) New Disease Reports 31: 26.
- First report of Alternaria metachromatica from Pakistan causing leaf spot of tomato.
Uzma Bashir; Sobia Mushtaq; Naureen Akhtar (2014) Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Sciences 51 (2): 305-308.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Three types of training delivering plant health knowledge to Burundi’s farmers
How do you reach millions of farmers with tried-and-tested plant health advice? The answer is to train the plant health advisors. ©Nihimbazwe Paterne for CABI In Burundi, Plantwise has been doing just this. In March 2021, Plantwise started to train pla…
24 March 2023
Leave a Reply