We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of the tomato russet mite in northern Chile, Cytospora species associated with walnut canker disease in China, and globalisation, the founder effect, hybrid Phytophthora species and rapid evolution causing headaches for biosecurity.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- A new species of the brown lacewing genus Zachobiella Banks from China (Neuroptera, Hemerobiidae) with a key to species.
Zhao Yang; Yan BingZhen; Liu ZhiQi (2015) ZooKeys 502: 27-37.
- Record of pink hibiscus mealybug infesting fruit species in Maceió, Alagoas, Brazil.
Broglio, S. M. F.; Cordero, E. P.; Santos, J. M. dos; Micheletti, L. B. (2015) Revista Caatinga 28 (2): 242-248.
- New host of Puccinia coronata var. coronata from Pakistan.
Ishaq, A.; Afshan, N. S.; Khalid, A. N. (2015) Journal of Plant Pathology 97 (1): 220.
- New Ceratocystis species from Eucalyptus and Cunninghamia in South China.
Liu FeiFei; Mbenoun, M.; Barnes, I.; Roux, J.; Wingfield, M. J.; Li GuoQing; Li JieQiong; Chen ShuaiFei (2015) Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 107 (6): 1451-1473.
- Aculops lycopersici Tryon, 1917, Tomato russet mite in northern Chile.
Sepúlveda-Chavera, G. F.; Salinas Vásquez, F.; Arismendi Macuer, M.; Huanca Mamani, W. (2015) IDESIA 33 (2): 143-146.
- Cytospora species associated with walnut canker disease in China, with description of a new species C. gigalocus.
Fan XinLei; Hyde, K. D.; Liu Min; Liang YingMei; Tian ChengMing (2015) Fungal Biology 119 (5): 310-319.
- New records of fungi isolated from indoor air of greenhouse used for shiitake cultivation in Korea.
Kwon HyukWoo; Yun YeoHong; Kim JunYoung; Kim SeongHwan; Ko HanKyu (2015) Korean Journal of Mycology 43 (1): 58-63.
- Globalisation, the founder effect, hybrid Phytophthora species and rapid evolution: new headaches for biosecurity.
Callaghan, S.; Guest, D. (2015) Australasian Plant Pathology 44 (3): 255-262.
- Pseudocercospora mapelanensis sp. nov., associated with a fruit and leaf disease of Barringtonia racemosa in South Africa.
Osorio, J. A.; Wingfield, M. J.; Beer, Z. W. de; Roux, J. (2015) Australasian Plant Pathology 44 (3): 349-359.
- Mycobiota associated with a disease in plants of Lavandula hybrida Reverchon.
Sandoval, M. C.; Gilardino, M. S.; Ruiz, C. S.; Noelting, M. C. (2015) Revista de Protección Vegetal 30 (1): 46-51.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Penn State University’s Nuru app project has been awarded further funding to expand the reach of crop diseases and support farmers at a global scale (© Pexels) An extension grant has been awarded to the PlantVillage Nuru project, developing an artifici…
13 March 2020