We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of rosemary leaf spot caused by Nigrospora oryzae in Iran, one new species and six new records of Thripinae from bamboo in Malaysia and a new record of Mycodiplosis sp. as a potential biocontrol agent of Phakospora ampelopsidis.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Presence of Gea heptagon (Hentz) and new records of Argiope from Argentina with the description of a new species Argiope kaingang (Araneae: Araneidae).
Corronca, J. A.; Rodriguez-Artigas, S. M. (2015) Pakistan Journal of Zoology 47 (1): 147-152.
- First report of rosemary leaf spot caused by Nigrospora oryzae in Iran.
Zarandi, D. M.; Aminaee, M. M.; Sharzei, A.; Rezaee, S. (2014) New Disease Reports 30: 27.
- Species of Thripinae (Thysanoptera) from bamboo in Malaysia, with one new species and six new records.
Ng, Y. F.; Mound, L. A. (2015) Zootaxa 3918 (4): 492-502.
- First report of Alternaria alternata on Chenopodium album L. from India.
Ramanuj Patel; Deepika Patel; Pandey, A. K. (2014) Biological Forum 6 (2) 150-152.
- Three new species of Anatkina young (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae: Cicadellini) from China, with a key and checklist of known Chinese species of the genus.
Yang MaoFa; Meng ZeHong; Yu XiaoFei (2015) Zootaxa 3919 (3):479-492.
- First Indochinese records of the plant bug genus Hypseloecus Reuter (Hemiptera: Heteroptera: Miridae: Phylinae: Pilophorini), with descriptions of eight new species from Thailand.
Yasunaga, T.; Yamada, K.; Artchawakom, T. (2015) Zootaxa 3925 (1): 75-93.
- First report of Moko disease caused by Ralstonia solanacearum race 2 in plantain (Musa AAB) in Ecuador.
Delgado, R.; Morillo, E.; Buitrón, J.; Bustamante, A.; Sotomayor, I. (2014) New Disease Reports 30: 23.
- New record of Mycodiplosis sp. (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) as a potential biocontrol agent of Phakospora ampelopsidis Dietel & P. Syd. from Taiwan.
Chen ShuPei; Su JiunnFeng (2015) Plant Protection Bulletin (Taipei) 57 (1): 19-24.
- A faunistic study on the leafhoppers of northwestern Iran (Hemiptera, Cicadellidae).
Abdollahi, T.; Jalalizand, A. R.; Mozaffarian, F.; Wilson, M. (2015) ZooKeys 496: 27-51.
- First report of phytoplasmas associated with Erysimum linifolium stunting.
Paltrinieri, S.; Contaldo, N.; Bertaccini, A.; Bellardi, M. G.; Cavicchi, L.; Blystad, D. R.; Spetz, C.; Fløistad, E. (2015) Acta Horticulturae 1072:117-121.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Leave a Reply
Related News & Blogs
Pesticide risk reduction tackled at behaviour change workshop in Kenya
Pesticide overuse and misuse pose a risk to farmers, consumers, and the environment. Chemical pest control is a major source of pollution, leading to water and soil contamination. Moreover, pesticides can enter the food chain through residues on crops,…
24 May 2023
[…] https://blog.plantwise.org/2015/05/27/update-new-pest-disease-records-27-may-15/ […]