We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include Lonchaeidae associated with the genus Annona in Mexico, the first report of choanephora rot of okra in Korea and a review of Chinese species of the leafhopper genus Scaphoidella with description of a new species.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
Aloquio, S.; Lopes-Andrade, C. (2015) ZooKeys 495: 133-142
Johnson, P. J. (2015) Insecta Mundi 0412: 1-6
Xing JiChun; Li ZiZhong (2015) ZooKeys 491: 79-93
Gaffuri, F.; Maresi, G.; Pedrazzoli, F.; Longa, C. M. O.; Boriani, M.; Molinari, M.; Tantardini, A. (2015) Forest Pathology 45 (2): 169-171.
- Wiedemannia (Diptera: Empididae) newly found in China with description of a new species from Tibet.
Wang Ning; Wang BaoHai; Yang Ding (2015) Florida Entomologist 98 (1): 44-46
Hot-water treatment of pecan scions as a means of phytosanitation to reduce the potential introduction of Xylella fastidiosa, the causal agent of pecan bacterial leaf scorch, into orchards and new geographic regions.
Melanson, R. A.; Sanderlin, R. S.; Grauke, L. J.; Heerema, R. (2015) Acta Horticulturae 1070: 201-209
- Species of Thripinae (Thysanoptera) from bamboo in Malaysia, with one new species and six new records.
Ng, Y. F.; Mound, L. A. (2015) Zootaxa 3918 (4): 492-502
- Lonchaeidae (Diptera: Tephritoidea) associated with the genus Annona in Mexico.
Illescas Riquelme, C. P.; González Hernandez, H.; Valdez Carrasco, J.; Llanderal Cázares, M. C. M.; Ruiz Montiel, C. (2015) Southwestern Entomologist 40 (1): 121-130
- First report of choanephora rot of okra caused by Choanephora cucurbitarum in Korea.
Park JiHyun; Cho SungEun; Choi InYoung; Shin HyeonDong (2015) Journal of Phytopathology 163 (6): 503-506
- Thrips (Insecta: Thysanoptera) of Guadeloupe and Martinique: updated check-list with new information on their ecology and natural enemies.
Etienne, J.; Ryckewaert, P.; Michel, B. (2015) Florida Entomologist 98 (1): 298-304
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Anthracnose is a catch-all, general term. It describes the damage caused to plants by a group of fungal diseases. Anthra…
13 June 2022