We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include new records of insect pests associated with cashew in Guinea-Bissau, the first report of Meloidogyne incognita from Radermachera sinica in China and the first report of Fusarium solani f. sp. cucurbitae race 1 and 2 causing crown and root rot of watermelon in Iraq.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- New records of insect pest species associated with cashew, Anacardium occidentale L. (Anacardiaceae), in Guinea-Bissau.
Vasconcelos, S.; Mendes, L. F.; Beja, P.; Hodgson, C. J.; Catarino, L. (2014) African Entomology 22 (3):673-677.
- Gall midges (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) of Egypt: annotated list and zoogeographical analysis.
Skuhravá, M.; Skuhravý, V.; Elsayed, A. K. (2014) Acta Societatis Zoologicae Bohemicae 78 (3/4):241-268.
- First report of identification Fusarium solani f. sp. cucurbitae race 1 and 2 the causal agent of crown and root rot disease of watermelon in Iraq.
Hussein, S. N.; Juber, K. S. (2015) International Journal of Agriculture Innovations and Research 3 (4):974-978.
- Occurrence of fig wasps (Hymenoptera: Chalcidoidea) associated with Ficus salicifolia in Saudi Arabia.
Ghramh Hamed, A.; Zubair Ahmad (2014) Trends in Biosciences 7 (11):971-973.
- Ascomycota in palms: new records and new hosts to Brazil Northeast.
Vitória, N. S.; Cavalcanti, M. A. Q.; Santos, M. V. O. dos; Silvério, M. L.; Bezerra, J. L. (2014) Agrotrópica 26 (1):35-42.
- Homaemus proteus Stål (Hemiptera: Scutelleridae): first Georgia, Louisiana, and South Carolina records of a mainly western U.S. and neotropical shield bug.
Wheeler, A. G., Jr. (2015) Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington 117 (1):73-76.
- First report and morphological and molecular characterization of Meloidogyne incognita from Radermachera sinica in China.
Zeng YongSan; Ye, W. M.; Kerns, J. (2014) Nematropica 44 (2):118-129.
- Rice: a new host of Choanephora cucurbitarum in West Bengal.
Ravat, V. K.; Sanchari Roy; Amitava Basu (2015) Annals of Plant Protection Sciences 23 (1):180-181.
- New host record of Colletotrichum dematium on Hydrangea macrophylla.
Maheswari, C. U.; Sharma, R. K.; Prabakaran, N.; Nallathambi, P. (2015) Annals of Plant Protection Sciences 23 (1):183-185.
- Status of citrus IPM in the southern Mediterranean basin Morocco, North Africa.
Mazih, A.; Sabater-Muñoz, B.; Moreno, P.; Peña, L.; Navarro, L. (2015) Acta Horticulturae 1065:1097-1103.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Bean fly is a destructive pest of most food legumes, particularly common bean, cowpea, mungbean, blackgram, lima bean and soybean. Symptoms…
30 June 2022