We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Alternaria leaf blight disease on oil palm in Thailand, caused by Alternaria longipes, the detection of a virus affecting chilli pepper in Chihuahua, Mexico and the association of Papaya leaf curl virus with the leaf curl disease of grain amaranth in India.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of powdery mildew Podoshaera tridactyla on Prunus hypoleuca in China.
Bai, L. C.; Cao, Z. M.; Li, P. Q.; Liang, C. (2015) Plant Disease 99 (2): 289.
- Association of Papaya leaf curl virus with the leaf curl disease of grain amaranth (Amaranthus cruentus L.) in India.
Srivastava, A.; Jaidi, M.; Kumar, S.; Raj, S. K.; Shukla, S. (2015) Phytoparasitica 43 (1): 97-101.
- First report of Alternaria leaf blight disease on oil palm caused byAlternaria longipes in Thailand.
Suwannarach, N.; Kumla, J.; Lumyong, S. (2015) Phytoparasitica 43 (1): 57-59.
- Cochin China atalantia (Atalantia citroides) as a new alternative host of the bacterium causing citrus Huanglongbing.
Feng, Y. C.; Tsai, C. H.; Vung, S.; Hung, T. H.; Su, H. J. (2015) Australasian Plant Pathology 44 (1): 71-80.
- Endophytic fungi associated with fruits of Ziziphus jujuba ‘Huizao’ in Xinzheng, Henan Province.
Yang Yi; Wu HaiYan; Li PengHua; Zang Rui; Geng YueHua; Zhang Meng (2015) Mycosystema 34 (1): 164-168.
- Corky-root symptoms for coffee in central Veracruz are linked to the root-knot nematode Meloidogyne paranaensis, a new report for Mexico.
Lopez-Lima, D.; Sánchez-Nava, P.; Carrion, G.; Espinosa de los Monteros, A.; Villain, L. (2015) European Journal of Plant Pathology 141 (3): 623-629.
- Two new species of bacteria causing blackleg in Switzerland and southern Germany.
Keiser, A.; de Werra, P. (2014) Kartoffelbau 11: 20-24.
- Detection of virus affecting chilli pepper crop (Capsicum annuum L.) in Chihuahua, Mexico.
González Franco, A. C.; Gill Langarica, E. M.; Robles Hernández, L.; Núñez Barrios, A.; Pérez Leal, R.; Hernández Rodríguez, O. A.; Pérez Moreno, L. (2014) Revista Mexicana de Fitopatología 32 (1): 38-51.
- First record and biology of coffee bean weevil, Araecerus fasciculatus De Geer, on pesticide plant, Melia azedarach L. from Iran.
Ardakani, A. S.; Nasserzadeh, H. (2014) International Journal of Biosciences (IJB) 5 (12): 486-491.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
The Pest Risk Information Service (PRISE) has published request for proposals (RFP) for partners in Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, and Zambia. PRISE (prise.org) helps to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers by reducing crop losses caused by pests acro…
24 July 2020