We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include new species of plant parasitic nematodes from tea plantations in Iran, the impact of fungicides and biocontrol agents in managing peduncle blight of tuberose caused by Lasiodiplodia theobromae, and aphid species reported for the first time in Tucumán, Argentina.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Reported some new species of plant parasitic nematodes from rhizosphere of tea plantation in Iran.
Mirghasemi, S. N.; Seraji, A.; Jamali, S.; Choshali, A. H. (2014) International Journal of Biosciences (IJB) 5 (9): 37-46
- New species and new records of Meliolaceae from Panama.
Justavino, D. R.; Kirschner, R.; Piepenbring, M. (2015) Fungal Diversity 70 (1): 73-84
- First report of phytoplasma (16SrI) associated with yellow decline disease of Royal Palms [Roystonea regia (Kunth) O. F. Cook] in Malaysia.
Neda Naderali; Ganesan Vadamalai; Naghmeh Nejat; Ling, K. L. (2015) Journal of Phytopathology 163 (2): 133-137
- First report of the occurrence of a white smut infecting rice in Arkansas.
Jecmen, A. C.; TeBeest, D. O. (2015) Journal of Phytopathology 163 (2): 138-143
- A new report of Uromyces ambiens on Buxus from Pakistan.
Sadiqullah; Ishaq, A.; Fiaz, M.; Afshan, N. S.; Khalid, A. N. (2014) Mycotaxon 129 (2): 429-432
- Impact of fungicides and biocontrol agents in managing peduncle blight of tuberose caused by Lasiodiplodia theobromae
Durgadevi, D.; Sankaralingam, A.; Prabhu, S. (2014) Plant Pathology Journal (Faisalabad) 13 (3): 203-207
- First record of Alternaria simsimi causing leaf spot on sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) in Korea.
Choi YoungPhil; Paul, N. C.; Lee HyangBurm; Yu SeungHun (2014) Mycobiology 42 (4): 405-408
- New records of armored scale insects, Pseudaulacaspis MacGillivray (Hemiptera: Diaspididae), in Korea.
Suh SooJung; (2015) Insecta Mundi 0403: 1-8
- Using weed risk assessments to separate the crops from the weeds.
Barney, J. N.; Smith, L. L.; Tekiela, D. R.; Quinn, L. D.; Matlaga, D. P.; Barney, J. N. (2015) Bioenergy and biological invasions: ecological, agronomic and policy perspectives on minimising risk 67-84.
- Aphid species (Hemiptera: Aphididae) reported for the first time in Tucumán, Argentina.
Avila, A. L.; Vera, M. A.; Ortego, J.; Willink, E.; Ploper, L. D.; Conci, V. C. (2014) Florida Entomologist 97 (4): 1277-1283
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Sclerotinia sclerotiorum on Atractylodes lancea in China (photograph by Rasbak). We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abst…
12 January 2023