We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of stubby root nematode, Paratrichodorus teres from Iran, a new occurrence of rice grasshopper on lentil in Vindhyan plateau of Madhya Pradesh and corm and root rot of Colocasia esculenta caused by Ovatisporangium vexans and Rhizoctonia solani.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Colletotrichum siamense, C. theobromicola and C. queenslandicum from several plant species and the identification of C. asianum in the Northern Territory, Australia.
James, R. S.; Ray, J.; Tan, Y. P.; Shivas, R. G. (2014) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 9 (1):138.
- Corm and root rot of Colocasia esculenta caused by Ovatisporangium vexans and Rhizoctonia solani.
Dervıs, S.; Soylu, S.; Serce, C. U. (2014) Romanian Biotechnological Letters 19 (6):9868-9874.
- First report of Botrytis cinerea on Cornelian cherry.
Özer, G.; Bayraktar, H. (2014) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 9 (1):126.
- First host record of the eulophid wasp Tetrastichus bilgiricus Narendran (Hymenoptera: Chalcidoidea) along with the first description of a male from India.
Ankita Gupta; Poornima Kannan (2014) Journal of Threatened Taxa 6 (12):6544-6548.
- Tetrastichinae (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae) associated with plant galls in Kerman province, with ten new records from Iran.
Moeinadini, A.; Madjdzadeh, S. M.; Yegorenkova, E. (2014) Journal of the Entomological Research Society 16 (3):113-122.
- A pre-harvest rot of persimmon fruit caused by Phytophthora cactorum in New Zealand.
Tyson, J. L.; Taylor, R. K.; Curtis, C. L.; Manning, M. A. (2014) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 9 (1):122.
- Postharvest soft rot on Citrullus vulgaris caused by Rhizopus oryzae in South Korea.
Kwon JinHyeuk; Ha JeongSeok; Kim JinWoo (2014) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 9 (1):129.
- First report of stubby root nematode, Paratrichodorus teres (Nematoda: Trichodoridae) from Iran.
Heydari, R.; Maafi, Z. T.; Omati, F.; Decraemer, W. (2014) Australasian Plant Disease Notes 9 (1) 131.
- First report of Fusarium proliferatum causing root rot in soybean (Glycine max L.) in Canada.
Chang, K. F.; Hwang, S. F.; Conner, R. L.; Ahmed, H. U.; Zhou, Q.; Turnbull, G. D.; Strelkov, S. E.; McLaren, D. L.; Gossen, B. D. (2015) Crop Protection 67:52-58.
- New occurrence of rice grasshopper, Hieroglyphus banian fabricius on lentil Lens esculentum in Vindhyan plateau of Madhya Pradesh.
Garg, V. K.; Yogesh Patel; Nayak, M. P. (2014) Indian Journal of Tropical Biodiversity 22 (1):89-90.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Three types of training delivering plant health knowledge to Burundi’s farmers
How do you reach millions of farmers with tried-and-tested plant health advice? The answer is to train the plant health advisors. ©Nihimbazwe Paterne for CABI In Burundi, Plantwise has been doing just this. In March 2021, Plantwise started to train pla…
24 March 2023
Leave a Reply