We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of leaf spot disease in coconut seedlings in China, a study on the occurrence of Cucumber mosaic virus subgroups IA and IB isolates in tomatoes in Nigeria and the first report of Alternaria longipes causing leaf spot of potato cultivar sante in Pakistan.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Hymenopteran parasitoids (Figitidae and Pteromalidae) of Ceratitis capitata (Diptera: Tephritidae) on loquat and guava in Tartous, Syria.
Ali, A. Y.; Ahmad, A. M.; Amar, J. A. (2015) Biocontrol Science and Technology 25 (2): 223-228.
- First report of leaf spot disease in coconut seedling caused by Bipolaris setariae in China.
Niu, X. Q.; Yu, F. Y.; Zhu, H.; Qin, W. Q. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (12):1742.
- First report of Sclerotium rolfsii causing foliar blight on yard long bean and its management.
Sudina, A.; Arathy Rajan; Girija, V. K.; Naseema, A. (2014) Journal of Mycology and Plant Pathology 44 (3):292-293.
- First report of Alternaria longipes causing leaf spot of potato cultivar sante in Pakistan.
Shoaib, A.; Akhtar, N.; Akhtar, S.; Hafeez, R. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (12):1742.
- First report of cabbage head rot caused by Fusarium avenaceum in Poland.
Robak, J.; Czubatka, A.; Czajka, A.; Smolinska, U. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (12):1741-1742.
- First report of wilt of Eucalyptus caused by Ceratocystis fimbriata in China.
Li, J.; Zhang, Y.; Xu, K. C.; Yang, J. Y.; Han, Y. H.; Sun, Y. X.; Huang, Q. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (12):1744.
- Occurrence of Cucumber mosaic virus subgroups IA and IB isolates in tomatoes in Nigeria.
Kayode, A. B.; Odu, B. O.; Ako-Nai, K. A.; Alabi, O. J. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (12):1750.
- Pathogen identification of a new anthracnose of Camellia oleifera in China based on multiple-gene phylogeny.
Li He; Zhou GuoYing; Xu JianPing; Zhu DanXue (2014) Acta Phytophylacica Sinica 41 (5):602-607.
- First report of Watermelon mosaic virus infecting melon and watermelon in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Trkulja, V.; Vasic´, J.; Vukovic´, B.; Stankovic´, I.; Vučurovic´, A.; Bulajic´, A.; Krstic´, B. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (12):1749-1750.
- First report of Xanthomonas citri pv. mangiferaeindicae causing mango bacterial canker on Mangifera indica in Ivory Coast.
Pruvost, O.; Boyer, C.; Grygiel, P.; Boyer, K.; Verniere, C.; Gagnevin, L.; Soro, S.; N’Guessan, C.; Kone, D. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (12):1740.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Papaya mealybug, Paraccous margniatus, is native to Central America but has spread rapidly in invaded countries. It was detected in Uganda in 2021 where it has the potential to affect the production and quality of papaya and other host crops. Papaya fr…
14 September 2022