We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of anthracnose of mallow caused by Colletotrichum trifolii in China, the first report of Tomato chlorosis virus (ToCV) in tomato crops in Saudi Arabia and the first report of pineapple black rot caused by Ceratocystis paradoxa on pineapple in French Guiana.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- New host records for Sphenospora kevorkianii (Raveneliaceae).
Sousa, E. M. R.; Nascimento, J. M. O. do; Anda-Rocabado, J. M.; de Souza, J. T. (2014) Summa Phytopathologica 40 (3) 290.
- A new species and a new record of the genus Balanococcus Williams (Hemiptera: Coccoidea: Pseudococcidae) from China.
Li WenChao; Wu SanAn (2014) Zoological Systematics 39 (2) 269-274.
- First record of leaf blight on Mangifera indica seedlings caused by Cylindrocladium mangiferae sp. Nov.
Sangeetha Chinnusamy; Manjunath Hubballi; Beena Saralemma (2014) East Journal of Scientific Research 21 (12) 2306-2307.
- The genus Scirtothrips (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) in Malaysia, with four new species and comments on Biltothrips, a related genus.
Ng, Y. F.; Mound, L. A.; Azidah, A. A. (2014) Zootaxa 3856 (2) 253-266.
- Involvement of Phytophthora cryptogea in sweet cherry decline in Turkey.
Kurbetli̇, I. (2014) Phytoparasitica 42 (5) 627-630.
- First report of anthracnose of Malva sylvestris caused by Colletotrichum trifolii in China.
Zhou, R. J.; Yuan, Y.; Xu, H. J.; Fu, J. F.; Ou, Y. H. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (11) 1587.
- First report of Potato leaf roll virus (PLRV) naturally occurring on jute (Corchorus olitorius) in India.
Biswas, C.; Dey, P.; Mitra, S.; Bera, A.; Satpathy, S.; Karmakar, P. G. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (11) 1592-1593.
- First report of Tomato chlorosis virus (ToCV) in tomato crops in Saudi Arabia.
Al-Saleh, M. A.; Al-Shahwan, I. M.; Shakeel, M. T.; Amer, M. A.; Orfanidou, C. G.; Katis, N. I. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (11) 1590-1591.
- The first occurrence of American grape leaf miner (Phyllocnistis vitegenella Clemens, 1859 – Gracillariidae) on grapevive (Vitis vinifera) in Hungary.
Szabóky, C.; Takács, A. (2014) Növényvédelem 50 (10) 467-469.
- First report of pineapple black rot caused by Ceratocystis paradoxa onAnanas comosus in French Guiana.
Hubert, J.; Fourrier, C.; Laplace, D.; Ioos, R. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (11) 1584-1585.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Bean fly is a destructive pest of most food legumes, particularly common bean, cowpea, mungbean, blackgram, lima bean and soybean. Symptoms…
30 June 2022