We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include first report of Erwinia carotovora causing bacterial pod rot of cocoa in India, a new combination of viruses causing tobacco bushy top disease in Ethiopia and research into yam virus X, a new potexvirus infecting yams (Dioscorea spp.) and evidence for the existence of at least three distinct potexviruses infecting yam.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Polydrusus nadaii Meleshko & Korotyaev, a possible new pest for Pistachio trees in Iran (Coleoptera, Curculionidae, Entiminae).
Velázquez-de-Castro, A. J.; Gharali, B.; Korotyaev, B. A. (2014) Bulletin de la Société Entomologique de France 119 (3) 315-318.
- First Hungarian record of Stratiolaelaps scimitus (Womersley, 1956) with notes its role in the biological control (Acari: Mesostigmata).
Kontschán, J.; Ács, A. (2014) Növényvédelem 50 (9) 401-404.
- A new record of Phenacoccus solenopsis Tinsley, 1898 from Kyushu district, Japan.
Tanaka, H.; Tabata, J. (2014) Japanese Journal of Entomology 17 (3) 119-120.
- Collecting records of aphids (Hemiptera, Aphididae) in Northern Vietnam and Laos.
Yoshitomi, H.; Yamane, S.; Xuan Lam Truong (2014) Japanese Journal of Systematic Entomology 20 (1) 155-158.
- A Trichodorus (Triplonchida: Trichodoridae) nematode from thrips (Thysanoptera: Panchaetothripinae).
Carta, L. K.; Skantar, A. M. (2014) Journal of Nematology 46 (3) 302-308.
- Cryphodera sinensis n. sp. (Nematoda: Heteroderidae), a non-cyst-forming parasitic nematode from the root of ramie Boehmeria nivea in China.
Zhuo, K.; Wang, H. H.; Ye, W.; Peng, D. L.; Liao, J. L. (2014) Journal of Helminthology 88 (4) 468-480.
- First report of Erwinia carotovora causing bacterial pod rot/stripe of cocoa in India.
Snehalatharani, A.; Rao, N. B. V. C.; Pushpa, R. B.; Ramanandam, G. (2014) Research on Crops 15 (3) 730-732.
- A novel combination of a new umbravirus, a new satellite RNA and potato leafroll virus causes tobacco bushy top disease in Ethiopia.
Abraham, A. D.; Menzel, W.; Berhanu Bekele; Winter, S. (2014) Archives of Virology 159 (12) 3395-3399.
- Molecular characterization of yam virus X, a new potexvirus infecting yams (Dioscorea spp.) and evidence for the existence of at least three distinct potexviruses infecting yams.
Mambole, I. A.; Bonheur, L.; Dumas, L. S.; Filloux, D.; Gomez, R. M.; Faure, C.; Lange, D.; Anzala, F.; Pavis, C.; Marais, A.; Roumagnac, P.; Candresse, T.; Teycheney, P. Y. (2014) Archives of Virology 159 (12) 3421-3426.
- Use of whole genome sequences to develop a molecular phylogenetic framework for Rhodococcus fascians and the Rhodococcus genus.
Creason, A. L.; Davis, E. W., II; Putnam, M. L.; Vandeputte, O. M.; Chang, J. H. (2014) Frontiers in Plant Science 5 (August) 406.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Three types of training delivering plant health knowledge to Burundi’s farmers
How do you reach millions of farmers with tried-and-tested plant health advice? The answer is to train the plant health advisors. ©Nihimbazwe Paterne for CABI In Burundi, Plantwise has been doing just this. In March 2021, Plantwise started to train pla…
24 March 2023
Leave a Reply