We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the identification of Tomato yellow leaf curl virus infecting common bean in Japan, Diaspididae scale insects in olive trees in Brazil and the first report of ‘Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum‘ on carrot in Africa.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First report of the root-knot nematode Meloidogyne enterolobii infecting Jujube in China.
Long, H. B.; Bai, C.; Peng, J.; Zeng, F. Y. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (10) 1451-1452.
- First record of thousand cankers disease fungal pathogen Geosmithia morbida and walnut twig beetle Pityophthorus juglandis on Juglans regia in Europe.
Montecchio, L.; Fanchin, G.; Simonato, M.; Faccoli, M. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (10) 1445.
- Asian foxtail (Uraria crinita), a new host for Sclerotium rolfsii from Taiwan.
Shen, Y. M.; Chao, C. H.; Liu, H. L. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (10) 1438-1439.
- Diaspididae ( Hemiptera : Coccoidea ) in olive tree, Olea europaea L. ( Oleaceae ) , in Brazil.
Wolff, V. R. dos S. (2014) Insecta Mundi 0385, 1-6.
- First report of ‘Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum’ on carrot in Africa.
Tahzima, R.; Maes, M.; Achbani, E. H.; Swisher, K. D.; Munyaneza, J. E.; de Jonghe, K. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (10) 1426.
- New species and new records of mites of the genus Stigmaeus (Acari: Prostigmata: Stigmaeidae) from Crimea.
Khaustov, A. A. (2014) Zootaxa 3794 (2) 237-253.
- First report of Tomato chlorosis virus infecting tomato crops in Uruguay.
Arruabarrena, A.; Rubio, L.; González-Arcos, M.; Maeso, D.; Fonseca, M. E. N.; Boiteux, L. S. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (10) 1445-1446.
- Identification of Tomato yellow leaf curl virus naturally infecting common bean in Japan.
Shahid, M. S.; Natsuaki, K. T. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (10) 1447.
- First report of Okra enation leaf curl virus and associated cotton leaf curl Multan betasatellite and cotton leaf curl Multan alphasatellite infecting cotton in Pakistan: a new member of the cotton leaf curl disease complex.
Hameed, U.; Zia-ur-Rehman, M.; Herrmann, H. W.; Haider, M. S.; Brown, J. K. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (10) 1447-1448.
- First report of Thielaviopsis punctulata causing black scorch disease on date palm in Qatar.
Al-Naemi, F. A.; Nishad, R.; Ahmed, T. A.; Radwan, O. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (10) 1437.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Tobacco mosaic virus infecting papaya in China (photograph by Sadhana@1986). We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstract…
10 November 2022