We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include a pathogen that’s causing fruit rot of tomato, orange, and apple in Pakistan, the first report of Phomopsis citri associated with dieback of lemon in India and the first report of the root-knot nematode Meloidogyne hapla parasitizing roses in Ethiopia.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Taxonomic characteristics of Meloidogyne exigua Goeldi which is a new root-knot nematodes for Turkey and other root-knot nematode species.
Kepenekci̇, İ.; Evli̇ce, E.; Öztürk, G. (2014) Bitki Koruma Bülteni 54 (1) 1-9.
- First report of powdery mildew caused by Erysiphe macleayae on Torenia fournieri in China.
Men, X. Y.; Liu, S. Y.; Jiang, W. T.; Li, Y. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (9) 1277-1278.
- Trichothecium roseum causes fruit rot of tomato, orange, and apple in Pakistan.
Hamid, M. I.; Hussain, M.; Ghazanfar, M. U.; Raza, M.; Liu, X. Z. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (9) 1271.
- First report of two Mesocriconema (Nematoda: Criconematidae) species in mulberry trees in Costa Rica.
Peraza-Padilla, W. (2014) Pesquisa Agropecuária Tropical 44 (2) 223-229.
- Insects associated with soursop (Annona muricata L.) in Veracruz, Mexico.
Ruiz-Montiel, C.; Domínguez-Espinosa, P. I.; Flores-Peredo, R.; Illescas-Riquelme, C. P. (2014) Southwestern Entomologist 39 (2) 367-374.
- First report of Fusarium temperatum causing Fusarium ear rot on maize in Northern China.
Zhang, H.; Luo, W.; Pan, Y.; Xu, J.; Xu, J. S.; Chen, W. Q.; Feng, J. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (9) 1273.
- Species of Pythium associated with seedling root and hypocotyl disease on common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) in Western Australia.
Li YuPin; You MingPei; Barbetti, M. J. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (9) 1241-1247.
- First report of the root-knot nematode Meloidogyne hapla parasitizing roses in Ethiopia.
Meressa, B. H.; Heuer, H.; Dehne, H. W.; Hallmann, J. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (9) 1286.
- First report of Phomopsis citri associated with dieback of Citrus lemon in India.
Mahadevakumar, S.; Vandana Yadav; Tejaswini, G. S.; Sandeep, S. N.; Janardhana, G. R. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (9) 1281.
- New records of Phragmidium species from Pakistan.
Afshan, N. S.; Khalid, A. N. (2014) Mycotaxon 128, 63-70.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on prise.org An estimated 40% of the world’s crops are lost to pests impacting on smallholder farmers’ ability to feed their families, on international trade and food supply chains and hampering the pursuit of Sust…
26 June 2020