We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Fusarium wilt in blueberry caused by Fusarium oxysporum in China, a new species of Beamerana from southeastern Brazil and new records of plant parasitic nematodes from rhizosphere of onion in Iran.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- New records of plant parasitic nematodes Nothotylenchus ferepolitor and Neopsilenchus paragracilis from rhizosphere of Allium cepa in Iran.
Shahi-Bajestani, M.; Mahdikhani-Moghadam, E. (2014) Pakistan Journal of Nematology 32 (2) 123-129.
- First report of Tomato mosaic virus on common sow thistle in Iran.
Hashemi, S. S.; Rakhshandehroo, F.; Shahraeen, N. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (8) 1164.
- First report of Fusarium wilt in blueberry (Vaccinium corymbosum) caused by Fusarium oxysporum in China.
Liu, Y. H.; Lin, T.; Ye, C. S.; Zhang, C. Q. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (8) 1158.
- The genus Ctenothrips from India (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) with description of one new species and one new record.
Kaomud Tyagi; Biswatosh Ghosh; Vikas Kumar (2014) Zootaxa 3821 (2) 273-279.
- First report of Fusarium maize ear rot caused by Fusarium meridionale in China.
Zhang, H.; Luo, W.; Pan, Y.; Xu, J.; Xu, J. S.; Chen, W. Q.; Feng, J. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (8) 1156.
- Pseudopezomachus masii Nixon (Hymenoptera: Braconidae: Alysiinae) a newly recorded parasitoid on Liriomyza spp. in Egypt.
Hegazy, E.; Karam, H.; Amer, N.; Khafagi, W. (2014) Journal of Biological Pest Control 24 (1) 163-167.
- First report of anthracnose caused by Colletotrichum lupini on yellow lupin in Korea.
Han, K. S.; Kim, B. S.; Choi, I. Y.; Park, J. H.; Shin, H. D. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (8) 1158-1159.
- Pseudomonas blight caused by Pseudomonas syringae on raspberry in California.
Koike, S. T.; Bolda, M. P.; Bull, C. T. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (8) 1151-1152.
- A new species of Beamerana Young, 1952 (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae: Typhlocybinae) from southeastern Brazil.
Coelho, L. B. N.; Da-Silva, E. R.; Nessimian, J. L. (2014) Journal of Insect Biodiversity 2 (9) 1-8.
- Pucciniales (fungi) rust of Colombia.
BuriticáCéspedes, P.; Salazar Yepes, M.; Pardo-Cardona, V. M. (2014) Facultad Nacional de Agronomía Medellín 67 (1) 1-93.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This article was originally published on the CABI BioProtection Portal blog. Visit the original blog post here. Anthracnose is a catch-all, general term. It describes the damage caused to plants by a group of fungal diseases. Anthra…
13 June 2022