We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include 2 new phytoplasma species infecting apple trees in Iran, the first report of Colletotrichum asianum causing anthracnose on Willard mangoes in Sri Lanka and the first report of Groundnut ringspot virus in cucumber fruits in Brazil.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- A new report of Alternaria alternata causing leaf spot on Chlorophytum tuberosum.
Shikha Thakur; Harsh, N. S. K. (2014) Indian Forester 140 (6) 624-625.
- First report of Groundnut ringspot virus in cucumber fruits in Brazil.
Spadotti, D. M. A.; Leão, E. U.; Rocha, K. C. G.; Pavan, M. A.; Krause-Sakate, R. (2014) New Disease Reports 29, pp. 25.
- Whiteflies (Aleyrodidae: Homoptera) of Punjab, Pakistan.
Muhammad Tayyib; Anjum Suhail; Arif, M. J.; Khan, M. A. (2014) Pakistan Entomologist 36 (1) 31-34.
- First report of necrotic leaf spot caused by Plectosphaerella cucumerinaon lamb’s lettuce in Southern Italy.
Carrieri, R.; Pizzolongo, G.; Carotenuto, G.; Tarantino, P.; Lahoz, E. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (7) 998.
- First report of target spot of cotton caused by Corynespora cassiicola in China.
Wei, Y. X.; Zhang, H.; Pu, J. J.; Liu, X. M. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (7) 1006.
- First report of Colletotrichum asianum causing anthracnose on Willard mangoes in Sri Lanka.
Krishnapillai, N.; Wijeratnam, R. S. W. (2014) New Disease Reports 29 (1).
- First report of Fusarium sambucinum on rosemary plant in Iran.MoshrefiZarandi, D.; Rezaee, S.; Aminaee, M. M.; Sharzei, A. (2014) New Disease Reports 29, pp 16.
- First report of white blister rust caused by Albugo candida on Wasabi in Korea.
Choi, Y. J.; Han, K. S.; Park, Y. H.; Shin, H. D. (2014) Plant Disease 98 (7) 1006-1007.
- ‘Candidatus Phytoplasma asteris‘ and ‘Candidatus Phytoplasma aurantifolia‘, new phytoplasma species infecting apple trees in Iran.
Hashemi-Tameh, M.; Bahar, M.; Zirak, L. (2014) Journal of Phytopathology 162 (7/8) 472-480.
- Meloidogyne lopezi n. sp. (Nematoda: Meloidogynidae), a new root-knot nematode associated with coffee (Coffea arabica L.) in Costa Rica, its diagnosis and phylogenetic relationship with other coffee-parasitising meloidogyne species.
Humphreys-Pereira, D. A.; Flores-Chaves, L.; Gómez, M.; Salazar, L.; Gómez-Alpízar, L.; Elling, A. A. (2014) Nematology 16 (6) 643-661.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Even during the COVID lockdown, news channels buzzed in Bangladesh on the arrival of swarms of an unknown pest that were partially covering mango and guava crops, and some forest trees in Teknaf Upazila, Cox’s Bazar District. The Ministry of Agricultur…
13 May 2020