Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including chemical-free citrus post-harvest becoming the new standard, how weeds could help feed billions in a warming world and the rehabilitation of banana fields devastated by Xanthomonas wilt in DRC.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Chemical-free citrus post-harvest becoming new standard
Fresh Plaza, 13th June 2014
- The hunt for maize to resist a fatal East African virus
SciDev.Net, 12th June 2014
- Video – Farmers warned over illegal pesticides
Farmers Weekly, 11th June 2014
- Kenya: Agriculture ministry moves in to fight tomato pest
Fresh Plaza, 10th June 2014
- Nigeria: Farmers Cry Out Over Potato Blight Disease
The Nigerian Observer, 6th June 2014
- How Weeds Could Help Feed Billions in a Warming World
Environment 360, 5th June 2014
- Wild Relatives of food crops
The Scientist, 1st June 2014
- Rehabilitating banana fields devastated by Xanthomonas wilt
ProMusa, 30th May 2014
- Rwanda Seeks to Invest in Green Growth Approach
AllAfrica News, 25th May 2014
- Potato blight mapped in Europe
Agripress, 21st May 2014
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include a record of a new Schizomyia species in China (photo © Patrick Harvey – via Wikimedia Commons) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abst…
5 December 2019