We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the migration of rice planthoppers and their vectored rice viruses in East Asia, Alternaria alternata as a new foliar fungal pathogen of tea in Southern India and the first report of downy mildew caused by Plasmopara halstedii on Gerbera jamesonii in Brazil.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- First record of Cercospora citrullina leaf spot on Lagenaria siceraria in Pakistan.
Mukhtar, I.; Mushtaq, S.; Khokhar, I.; Hannan, A. (2013) Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences 23 (6) 1756-1757.
- Alternaria alternata a new foliar fungal pathogen of tea in Southern India.
Nepolean, P.; Balamurugan, A.; Prabhakaran, P.; Premkumar, R.; Radhakrishnan, B. (2013) Newsletter – UPASI Tea Research Foundation 23 (1) 3.
- Mycoflora associated with the seed samples of Cucurbita pepo L. collected from Pakistan.
Summiaya Rahim; Shahnaz Dawar; Zaki, M. J. (2013) Pakistan Journal of Botany 45 (6) 2173-2179.
- Lepidoptera vectors of Pestalotiopsis fungal disease: first record in oil palm plantations from Colombia.
Martínez, L. C.; Plata-Rueda, A. (2013) International Journal of Tropical Insect Science 33 (4) 239-246.
- Occurrence of leaf spot caused by Glomerella cingulata on rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora) in the state of Para.
Costa, R. C. da; Verzignassi, J. R.; Poltronieri, L. S.; Benchimol, R. L.; Carvalho, E. de A. (2013) Summa Phytopathologica 39 (3) 217.
- Migration of rice planthoppers and their vectored re-emerging and novel rice viruses in East Asia.
Otuka, A. (2013) Frontiers in Microbiology 4 (October) 309.
- Identification and damage of the bluegrass webworm moth,Parapediasia teterrella (Zincken) (Lepidoptera: Crambidae), a new invasive pest on lawns in Shanghai, Eastern China.
Gao Lei; Ju RuiTing; Ding JunJie; Xu Ying; Wang JianGuo (2013) Acta Entomologica Sinica 56 (9) 1020-1025.
- New report of Neozygites sp. infecting red spider mite Tetranychus urticae infesting French bean from Eastern Plateau and Hill region, India.
Sudarshan Maurya; Ritesh Kumar; Choudhary, J. S.; Bikash Das; Kumar, S. (2013) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 46 (18) 2278-2280.
- First report of downy mildew caused by Plasmopara halstedii on Gerbera jamesonii in Brazil.
Duarte, L. L.; Choi, Y. J.; Barreto, R. W. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (10) 1382.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Pesticide risk reduction tackled at behaviour change workshop in Kenya
Pesticide overuse and misuse pose a risk to farmers, consumers, and the environment. Chemical pest control is a major source of pollution, leading to water and soil contamination. Moreover, pesticides can enter the food chain through residues on crops,…
24 May 2023
Leave a Reply