Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including a new banana disease identified in Africa, ways to deal with oil seed rape pests after the neonicotinoid restrictions and the role of agricultural cooperatives and storage in rural Ethiopia.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- New banana disease spreading throughout Africa
Fresh Plaza, 3rd December 2013
- Pest management in Pakistan
Tribune, 1st December 2013
- US: Studies confirm breadfruit’s ability to repel insects
Fresh Plaza, 28th November 2013
- Role of Agricultural Cooperatives and Storage in Rural Ethiopia
REAP, 27th November 2013
- Realizing Africa’s Rice Promise
Crop Biotech Update, 27th November 2013
- Scientists offer recommendations for delaying resistance to Bt corn in western corn rootworm
EurekAlert, 26th November 2013
- Indigenous crops for a food-secure world
Fresh Fruit Portal, 26th November 2013
- Dealing with OSR pests after neonics restriction
Farmers weekly, 26th November 2013
- How might open data in agriculture help achieve food security?
The Guardian- Food Security, 25th November 2013
- Africa: Tech-based Farming Advice Should Stay People-Centred
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 20th November 2013
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
Pests and diseases of rice are a significant constraint in rice production, accounting for up to 30% of yield losses. Rice is cultivated in over 100 countries and is a staple food source for over half the world’s population. Therefore, the sustainable…
28 November 2023