Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the development of sweet potatoes with multiple virus resistance, the reduction of aflatoxins using biological control and warnings from RAB about Maize Lethal Necrosis Disease.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Fruit fly days numbered
Weekly Times Now, 20th November 2013
- What’s Invasive!
Scientific American, 20th November 2013
- RAB warns farmers on maize virus
The New Times, 19th November 2013
- Rio World Science Forum tackles science’s role in global sustainable development
EurekAlert, 18th November 2013
- Threshing efficiency and domestication of emmer wheat
Annals of Botany Blog, 17th November 2013
- Typhoon wreaks havoc on agriculture with over a million farmers affected [Philippines]
BBC News, 12th November 2013
- Nigeria: Fear of Food Insecurity Grips Nigeria
All Africa News: Food and Agriculture, 8th November 2013
- Food waste: what does the latest report tell us?
The Guardian Datablog, 7th November 2013
- GE Sweet Potato with Multiple Virus Resistance Developed
Crop Biotech Update, 6th November 2013
- Biological controls for aflatoxin reduction
IFPRI, 5th November 2013
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
Pests do not recognise borders. With the increased movement of people and goods, comes the increased risk of pests moving from one geographic area to another. For this reason, it is important to identify and categorize species that are likely to enter…
21 October 2021