We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include Deladenus cocophilus, an entomoparasitic nematode in infested coconut fruits from Pakistan, an association of a DNA virus with grapevines affected by red blotch disease in California and Bambusananus cuihuashanensis, a new bamboo-feeding leafhopper species of Athysanini from Shaanxi, China.
Click on the links to view the abstracts:
- Deladenus cocophilus n. sp. (Nematoda: Hexatylina): a mycetophagous and entomoparasitic nematode in infested coconut fruits from Balochistan, Pakistan.
Nasira, K.; Shahina, F.; Firoza, K. (2013) Journal of Nematology 45 (2) 106-111.
- A new leafhopper genus, Hirsutapona, including nineteen new species from Central and South America (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae: Gyponinae).
Freytag, P. H. (2013) Journal of the Kansas Entomological Society 86 (3) 206-225.
- New records of aphids of the Subfamily Aphidinae (Homoptera: Aphididae) infested herbaceous plants and shrubs for Iraqi aphid fauna.
Ali, H. B.; Agarwala, B. K.; Kaddou, I. K. (2012) Advances in Bio Research 3 (4) 66-75.
- A new threat for Turkish citriculture: citrus yellow vein clearing virus.
Yurtmen, M.; Önelge, N.; Güler, P. G.; Karacaoğlu, M. (2013) IOBC/WPRS Bulletin 95 228.
- Bambusananus cuihuashanensis, a new bamboo-feeding leafhopper species of Athysanini (Hemiptera, Cicadellidae, Deltocephalinae) from Shaanxi, China.
Yang Lin; Chen XiangSheng (2013) ZooKeys (341) 107-113.
- Occurrence of leaf spot caused by Glomerella cingulata on rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora) in the state of Para.
Costa, R. C. da; Verzignassi, J. R.; Poltronieri, L. S.; Benchimol, R. L.; Carvalho, E. de A. (2013) Summa Phytopathologica 39 (3) 217.
- Glomerella cingulata causing leaf spots on leaves of cinnamon in the state of Pará.
Costa, R. C. da; Verzignassi, J. R.; Poltronieri, L. S.; Benchimol, R. L.; Carvalho, E. de A. (2013) Summa Phytopathologica 39 (3) 218.
- Association of a DNA virus with grapevines affected by red blotch disease in California.
Rwahnih, M. A.; Dave, A.; Anderson, M. M.; Rowhani, A.; Uyemoto, J. K.; Sudarshana, M. R. (2013) Phytopathology 103 (10) 1069-1076.
- Bacillus pumilus, a novel ginger rhizome rot pathogen in China.
Peng Qin; Yuan YiHui; Gao MeiYing (2013) Plant Disease 97 (10) 1308-1315.
- Population genetic analysis reveals diversity in Lasiodiplodia species infecting date palm, Citrus, and mango in Oman and the UAE.
Al-Sadi, A. M.; Al-Wehaibi, A. N.; Al-Shariqi, R. M.; Al-Hammadi, M. S.; Al-Hosni, I. A.; Al-Mahmooli, I. H.; Al-Ghaithi, A. G. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (10) 1363-1369.
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
Even during the COVID lockdown, news channels buzzed in Bangladesh on the arrival of swarms of an unknown pest that were partially covering mango and guava crops, and some forest trees in Teknaf Upazila, Cox’s Bazar District. The Ministry of Agricultur…
13 May 2020