Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including a new rice variety to cushion farmers against crop loss through blast, a checklist of scale insect pests in Iran and Asian citrus growers looking to diversity their crop with bananas.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Bt sweet corn can reduce insecticide use
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 6th October 2013
- Kenya: New rice variety to give farmers more returns
Popular Standard Digital News Feeds, 3rd October 2013
- Kenya: County Forms Farmers’ Co-Ops
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 3rd October 2013
- Frosts slash Chilean kiwifruit crop
Fresh Fruit Portal, 3rd October 2013
- Peculiar, diverse and dangerous to crops: A checklist of the scale insects of Iran
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 2nd October 2013
- Zambia: Dunavant Diversifies to Buying Maize, Soya Beans
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 2nd October 2013
- Asian Citrus looking at bananas for diversification
Fresh Plaza, 1st October 2013
- Caribbean farmers abandoning diseased banana fields
New Agriculturist, 30th September 2013
- Building Climate Change Resilience in the Agriculture Sector
IFPRI, 27th September 2013
- Africa: New Guide Will Help Farmers Adapt to Climate Change
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 25th September 2013
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of tobacco vein banding mosaic virus naturally infecting black nightshade (Solanum nigrum) in China (Photograph © Katja Schulz) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species record…
17 September 2020