Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including how how irrigation is unlocking the ag potential in Chile’s driest region, how climate change is affecting food supply in Ghana and an assessment of the first billion acres of biotech crops.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Irrigation project looks to untap ag potential in Chile’s driest regions
Fresh Fruit Portal, 19th June 2013
- Rice blast research reveals details on how a fungus invades plants
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 18th June 2013
- Pesticides Spark Broad Biodiversity Loss
Scientific American, 18th June 2013
- Gambia: Enhancing Food Security
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 18th June 2013
- New in-furrow fungicide for rhizoctonia control
FWi – Arable News, 17th June 2013
- Nigeria: Knotty Cassava Tubers Can Change a Nation
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 13th June 2013
- Kenya: Weeds Cost Maize Farmers
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 11th June 2013
- Biotech crops vs. pests: Successes and failures from the first billion acres
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 10th June 2013
- Climate change impacting food supply in Ghana – The Times of India
The Times of India, 9th June 2013
- Tuber Crops Research Centre develops bio-pesticide [India]
Zee News, 8th June 2013
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Sclerotinia sclerotiorum on Atractylodes lancea in China (photograph by Rasbak). We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abst…
12 January 2023