Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including cassava’s huge potential as a 21st century crop in Africa, the discovery of nematode resistant wheat and Brazil to launch biofungicide against witch’s broom.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Brazil to launch biofungicide against cacao disease
Fresh Fruit Portal, 5th June 2013
- Global project launched to tackle invasive pests
Endure, 3rd June 2013
- Experts push ethical case for climate adaptation policies
SciDev.Net, 30th May 2013
- Parasite-resistant maize developed by Kenyan scientist
Environmental News Network, 29th May 2013
- Scientists Discover Nematode Resistant Wheat
Crop Biotech Update, 29th May 2013
- AU: Pomegranate growers consider future
FreshPlaza.com, 29th May 2013
- Africa: Cassava’s Huge Potential As 21st Century Crop
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 28th May 2013
- The focus shifts: Could late corn planting affect soybean planting?
Farm Industry News, 28th May 2013
- Uganda: PRDP – Farmers Get Sh3 Billion
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 26th May 2013
- Parasitic wasps to be released to combat coconut caterpillar
Bangkok Post, 22nd May 2013
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
Update: New Pest & Disease Records (07 June 2023)
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Dothiorella gregaria associated with fruit rot of walnuts in India (Image by Helga Kattinger from Pixabay) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records f…
8 June 2023
Leave a Reply