Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the multiple pressures that threaten pollinating insects, microwave technology to prevent pest diffusion and the UN to use the plant gene pool to improve agriculture.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Hybrid rice for Latin America
CIAT, 23rd April 2013
- US: Syngenta adds local text alert to potato-disease hotlines
FreshPlaza.com, 23rd April 2013
- Peru: new technique for organic banana production
Fresh Fruit Portal, 23rd April 2013
- Italy: Tristeza virus could be opportunity to renovate citrus groves in Sicily
FreshPlaza.com, 18th April 2013
- Fruit fly found in South Australia
Fresh Fruit Portal, 19th April 2013
- Cocktail of multiple pressures combine to threaten the world’s pollinating insects
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 22nd April 2013
- FAO chooses Italian microwave technology to prevent the diffusion of pests
FreshPlaza.com, 19th April 2013
- United Nations: plant gene pool key to advancing agriculture
Fresh Fruit Portal, 16th April 2013
- Kenya: Kenyan Farmers Battle Weed
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 15th April 2013
- Uganda: Ugandan Coffee Farmers Reach World Market With U.S. Help
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 10th April 2013
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include the first report of Tobacco mosaic virus infecting papaya in China (photograph by Sadhana@1986). We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstract…
10 November 2022