We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the detection of Iris yellow spot virus (IYSV) in selected Allium species in Austria, attack of two new spider mites on sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) in Brazil and the effects of phytosanitary hot water treatments on West African mangoes infested with Bactrocera invadens.
- Isolation and identification of pathogen of a leaf spot disease of cassava in Yunnan.
Duan ChunFang; Huang GuiXiu; Li ChaoPing; Shi Tao; Guo RongQi; Li YueXian; Liu Qian; Yan Wei; Lou YuQiang; Zhang LinHui; Liu GuangHua (2012) Acta Agriculturae Jiangxi 24 (12) 118-120.
- Molecular analysis of the genomic RNAs 1 and 2 of the first Arabis mosaic virus isolate detected in Spanish grapevines.
López-Fabuel, I.; Olmos, A.; Bassler, A.; Dupuis-Maguiraga, L.; Torres, L. B.; Bertolini, E.; Wetzel, T. (2013) Spanish Journal of Agricultural Research 11 (1) 199-203.
- New records of Dasiops spp. (Diptera: Lonchaeidae) associated with pasiflora grown in Colombia.
Castro Ávila, Á. P.; Korytkowski, C.; Ebratt Ravelo, E. E.; Margarita Brochero, H. L.; Santamaría Galindo, M. Y. (2012) Revista – Facultad Nacional de Agronomía Medellín 65 (2) 6681-6690.
- Biodiversity of plant parasitic nematodes of cashew plantations in Tripura, India.
Bhattacharya, C.; Dasgupta, M. K.; Mukherjee, B. (2012) Nematologia Mediterranea 40 (2) 163-168.
- Colletotrichum: host specificity and pathogenicity on selected tropical and subtropical crops.
Freeman, S.; Horowitz-Brown, S.; Afanador-Kafuri, L.; Maymon, M.; Minz, D.; Palupi, E. R.; Krisantini; Warrington, I. J. (2013) Acta Horticulturae 975, 209-216.
- Incidence and natural hosts of Tomato leaf curl Palampur virus in Iran.
Heydarnejad, J.; Hesari, M.; Massumi, H.; Varsani, A. (2013) Australasian Plant Pathology 42 (2) 195-203.
- The effects of phytosanitary hot water treatments on West African mangoes infested with Bactrocera invadens (Diptera: Tephritidae).
Self, G.; Ducamp, M. N.; Thaunay, P.; Vayssières, J. F. (2012) Fruits (Paris) 67 (6) 439-449.
- Attack of two new spider mites on sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) in Diamantina, Minas Gerais State, Brazil.
Soares, M. A.; Castro, B. M. C.; Andrade Júnior, V. C.; Assis Júnior, S. L.; Pires, E. M. (2012) Brazilian Journal of Biology 72 (4) 971.
- Report of foliar necrosis of potato caused by Cochliobolus lunatus in India.
Bengyella Louis; Roy Pranab; Waikhom, S. D.; Talukdar, N. C. (2013) African Journal of Biotechnology 12 (8) 833-835.
- Detection of Iris yellow spot virus (IYSV) in selected Allium species and overwintering hosts in Austrian onion-producing areas.
Weilner, S.; Bedlan, G. (2013) Journal für Kulturpflanzen 65 (2) 60-67.
- Click on the links to view the abstracts:
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>33,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Leave a Reply
Related News & Blogs
Crop App Index: search over 750 plant-health apps
The Crop App Index website helps users to find the plant-health apps and websites they need to answer their crop pest and disease questions. CABI recently added a further 200 websites and apps to the search tool. It now features over 750 different plan…
23 March 2023
Thanks for your personal marvelous posting!
I actually enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.
I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will come back someday.
I want to encourage one to continue your great writing, have a
Blogs and websites are interchangeable today, but blog or website, it should be self hosted with its own unique domain name.
If you are using META tags in the correct manner, you have nothing to worry
about. It is also important to understand that SEO companies
are not very expensive so you may find that investing in them
is more beneficial than other paid advertising methods.