Here’s a taste of some of the latest stories about plant health, including the development of diagnostics for Cassava Brown Streak Disease (CBSD), a coffee pest spreading to other crops in East Africa and farmers testing wheat crops for climate change adaptation.
Click on the link to read more of the latest plant health news!
- Coffee pest spreading to other crops in East Africa
SciDev.Net, 12th March 2013
- Yellow rust lies dormant waiting for warm spell
FWi – Arable News, 12th March 2013
- Farmers testing wheat crops for climate change adaptation
Bioversity International – Latest news and publications, 11th March 2013
- Cash for diagnostics may help track cassava disease
SciDev.Net, 11th March 2013
- Kenya: Counterfeit Seeds On the Rise
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 11th March 2013
- Bioscience to battle ash dieback
EurekAlert! – Agriculture, 8th March 2013
- Plague of locusts ravaging Israel
FreshPlaza.com, 7th March 2013
- Ecological methods can help solve food insecurity issues
Global development: Food security | guardian.co.uk, 5th March 2013
- Cote d’Ivoire: Banana and Rubber Tax to Fund Research
AllAfrica News: Food and Agriculture, 4th March 2013
- Research could cure fusarium headache
FWi – Arable News, 1st March 2013
See more plant health news on the Plantwise Knowledge Bank.
If there’s another news story you’d like to highlight, please post a comment below.
Related News & Blogs
Papaya mealybug, Paraccous margniatus, is native to Central America but has spread rapidly in invaded countries. It was detected in Uganda in 2021 where it has the potential to affect the production and quality of papaya and other host crops. Papaya fr…
14 September 2022