We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases from CAB Abstracts. Records this fortnight include the first report of Banana bunchy top virus of Musa spp. in Nigeria, the first record of the leafhopper genus Igerna in China and a new Pythium species that causes severe damping off of tomato seedlings found in Tunisia, France and India.
- First record of the leafhopper genus Igerna (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae: Megophthalminae) in China with a description of a new species.
Li Hu; Dai RenHuai; Li ZiZhong (2012) Florida Entomologist 95 (4) 979-982.
- First report of damping-off caused by Pythium aphanidermatum on leaf beet (Beta vulgaris subsp. vulgaris) in Italy.
Garibaldi, A.; Gilardi, G.; Ortu, G.; Gullino, M. L. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (2) 292.
- First report of the root-lesion nematode, Pratylenchus alleni associated with damage on soybean in Quebec, Canada.
Bélair, G.; Mimee, B.; Duceppe, M. O.; Miller, S. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (2) 292.
- Evaluation of insecticide chemistries against the leek moth (Lepidoptera: Acrolepiidae), a new pest in North America.
Olmstead, D. L.; Shelton, A. M. (2012) Florida Entomologist 95 (4) 1127-1131.
- First report of Bhendi yellow vein mosaic virus associated with yellow vein mosaic of okra (Abelmoschus esculentus) in Thailand.
Tsai, W. S.; Shih, S. L.; Lee, L. M.; Wang, J. T.; Duangsong, U.; Kenyon, L. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (2) 291.
- Molecular characterisation and pathogenicity of Phaeoacremonium spp. associated with esca disease of grapevine in Northern Iran.
Arzanlou, M.; Moshari, S.; Salari, M.; Badali, H. (2013) Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 46 (4) 375-388.
- First report of Cherry necrotic rusty mottle virus on stone fruit trees in China.
Zhou, J. F.; Wang, G. P.; Qu, L. N.; Deng, C. L.; Wang, Y.; Wang, L. P.; Hong, N. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (2) 290-291.
- First report of Banana bunchy top virus in banana and plantain (Musa spp.) in Nigeria.
Adegbola, R. O.; Ayodeji, O.; Awosusi, O. O.; Atiri, G. I.; Kumar, P. L. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (2) 290.
- First report of Bean common mosaic necrosis virus (BCMNV) infecting sweet bean in Nepal.
Pudashini, B. J.; Shahid, M. S.; Natsuaki, K. T. (2013) Plant Disease 97 (2) 290.
- A new species, Pythium echinogynum, causing severe damping-off of tomato seedlings, isolated from Tunisia, France, and India: morphology, pathology, and biological control.
Balghouthi, A.; Jonathan, R.; Gognies, S.; Mliki, A.; Belarbi, A. (2013) Annals of Microbiology 63 (1) 253-258.
- Click on the links to view the abstracts:
To view all search results for new geographic, host and species records for plant pests and diseases, click here (>32,000 results)
If there’s another new record you’d like to highlight, please post a comment.
Related News & Blogs
This month’s pest alerts include a record of an aphid species that is new to the Netherlands (photo © Ho Jung Yoo, Purdue University – via Wikimedia Commons) We’ve selected a few of the latest new geographic, host and species records for plant pests an…
12 November 2019